Pepperdine? 2.8 GPA

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thecalifornialife

Pepperdine? 2.8 GPA

Postby thecalifornialife » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm going to be graduating this quarter with a 2.8 GPA from UCSB as a political science major. I had a lot of personal troubles that hurt my grades a couple times (my mom getting into a life threatening car accident and getting into a car accident myself where the car was totaled).

Extracirculars:
- ASB senator
- ASB treasurer
- Founder of a political science club
- Executive director of the Republican Club (please keep your political opinions to yourself. i'd be happy to debate in another thread. i'm actually pretty nice :) )
- Wrote an article for the school newspaper
- Graduated with honors from the community college
- I also worked for a year during my time at the community college

I have yet to take the LSAT. I'm going to spend the summer studying for the LSAT while working for my grandfather. I have a feeling I will be a clear slitter when it comes to my LSAT score and my GPA. How can I improve my chances? What LSAT score should I look for?

SoCalStudent

Re: Pepperdine? 2.8 GPA

Postby SoCalStudent » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:50 pm

I saw a post by one of our members a couple weeks ago, and he/she got rejected with 2.9/171. This makes me nervous because I have a 2.97UGPA myself, and was planning on applying to SoCal schools like Pepperdine after I take the October LSAT's. SoCal schools love GPA's. You might have a shot with great softs, but you might need at least a 170 with a 2.8.

Jacktone

Postby Jacktone » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 am

Is 2.8 your UCSB GPA or your LSAC GPA? The latter is what will matter most, and since you graduated with honors from community college that number could end up being halfway decent.

1ferret!

Postby 1ferret! » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:00 am

if you are carrying a 2.8 LSAC score than probably slim to none...if you score 170 or above, apply as early as you possibly can, and write one hell of a personal statement, you might have a shot. If you want to be in cali you would have a better shot at some of the other Socal schools in general as Pepperdine puts a premium on GPA.

Return to “What are my chances?”