American (Getting off the Waitlist)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bk1

American (Getting off the Waitlist)

Postby bk1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:28 pm

166/2.9/URM (Puerto Rican)

Anybody know my chances of getting off the waitlist?

scuzle

Re: American (Getting off the Waitlist)

Postby scuzle » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:40 am

Id say they are pretty good if you have a strong personal statement and solid recs since your a classic split. Im a reverse split (3.75, 153) and I am waitlisted there as well. Since their waitlist is unranked that means if they go to the waitlist that they will reconsider your file as a whole, so it would be wise to send a really good continued letter of interest to add to your file. I think that their deposit deadline was either last week or is coming up this week. So it would be wise to do that soon so they can see it when they reconsider. GOOD LUCK! HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE NEXT YEAR!

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:59 am

Thanks for the reply and good luck to you as well! I did send a LOCI the day I got my WL but that is good advice.

Looking at LSN (http://american.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats) it seems like they accept any 163-164/2.5+ so hopefully this bodes well for my app. The waiting game since the WL has just had my heart in my throat and I cannot wait till I have a decision one way or the other.

scuzle

Postby scuzle » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Yah dude Im waitlisted at 6 top 100s because of my low score, but I have a really high GPA and incredible softs so it sucks!

Return to “What are my chances?”