For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
BruceBarr
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby BruceBarr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Go fuck yourself.

Under "What are my chances" because I'm not sure what the chances of you ever getting laid is. Or layed. No... lade.

User avatar
pany1985
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:08 am

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby pany1985 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:45 pm

"Or layed"?

Since when is that a complete sentence?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

User avatar
TheBigMediocre
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby TheBigMediocre » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:46 pm

I'd make a thread titled For those of you who post to voice your opinion on those who post to correct grammar..., but that would make for TWO really fucking stupid threads instead of just one.

User avatar
DoubleChecks
Posts: 2333
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby DoubleChecks » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:47 pm

typing "lade" at the end is really more an issue of spelling isnt it? i dont know if that bolsters your point that grammar shouldnt matter on an online forum

Kobe_Teeth
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 am

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:47 pm

Out of all the annoying things that occur on TLS, correcting grammar is a rather tiny problem.

You can always try ignoring it. Sorry to give you the least satisfying reply ever but....don't know what else to tell ya.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:49 pm

BruceBarr wrote:Go fuck [strike]yourself[/strike] yourselves.

Under "What are my chances" because I'm not sure what the chances of you ever getting laid is. Or layed. No... lade.


You're welcome.

User avatar
TheBigMediocre
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby TheBigMediocre » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:Go fuck [strike]yourself[/strike] yourselves.

Under "What are my chances" because I'm not sure what the chances of you ever getting laid is. Or layed. No... lade.


You're welcome.


Flawless victory.

User avatar
BruceBarr
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby BruceBarr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:51 pm

I'm not going to get one satisfying reply. Except for TheBigMediocre's...

User avatar
BruceBarr
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby BruceBarr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:Go fuck [strike]yourself[/strike] yourselves.

Under "What are my chances" because I'm not sure what the chances of you ever getting laid is. Or layed. No... lade.


You're welcome.


Well done.

User avatar
pany1985
Posts: 389
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:08 am

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby pany1985 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:52 pm

Also, ending a sentence with "is" may not be a violation of a hard and fast rule, but it is poor form. Rephrase.

User avatar
BruceBarr
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby BruceBarr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:53 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:I'm not going to get one satisfying reply. Except for TheBigMediocre's...

You didn't need an ellipsis at the end of that sentence; it was a complete sentence.


There is NO WAY that is a complete sentence.

User avatar
BruceBarr
Posts: 279
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:26 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby BruceBarr » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:55 pm

Nightrunner wrote:
BruceBarr wrote:I'm not going to get one satisfying reply. Except for TheBigMediocre's...

I'm not going to get one satisfying reply, except for TheBigMediocre's reply.


Bingo.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 pm

Eye caint spel .

User avatar
JTX
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby JTX » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 pm

x
Last edited by JTX on Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Chupavida
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Chupavida » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 pm

.
Last edited by Chupavida on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
phoenix323
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 am

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby phoenix323 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:58 pm

When I read posts that are filled with endless spelling and grammar errors, I tend to take their arguments far less seriously. This also extends to real life situations. If one is unable to articulate their ideas and opinions in a grammatically correct manner, either verbally or in writing, they are at an extreme disadvantage.

User avatar
Veyron
Posts: 3598
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:50 am

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Veyron » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:03 am

+1 OP, +1

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:07 am

phoenix323 wrote:When I read posts that are filled with endless spelling and grammar errors, I tend to take their arguments far less seriously. This also extends to real life situations. If one is unable to articulate their ideas and opinions in a grammatically correct manner, either verbally or in writing, they are at an extreme disadvantage.


Damn... I'd better go back through the posts I made regarding my case of raging gonorrhea on the WebMD forum. :|

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11720
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby kalvano » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:17 am

Also, and this is more stylistic than grammatical, I really think it should be "post in order to correct grammar."

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:22 am

kalvano wrote:Also, and this is more stylistic than grammatical, I really think it should be "post in order to correct grammar."

In that case, should there be a comma after the word "post"? Just curious.

Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:23 am

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:24 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:
kalvano wrote:Also, and this is more stylistic than grammatical, I really think it should be "post in order to correct grammar."

In that case, should there be a comma after the word "post"? Just curious.


The pause would be awkward. We're talking about style.

User avatar
Zapatero
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Zapatero » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:26 am

BruceBarr wrote:Go fuck yourself.

Under "What are my chances" because I'm not sure what the chances of you ever getting laid [strike]is[/strike]are. Or layed. No... lade.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:31 am

Pearalegal wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
kalvano wrote:Also, and this is more stylistic than grammatical, I really think it should be "post in order to correct grammar."

In that case, should there be a comma after the word "post"? Just curious.


The pause would be awkward. We're talking about style.

Ah! I see. Excellent point!

User avatar
Balthy
Posts: 668
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: For those of you who post to correct grammar...

Postby Balthy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:35 am

Honestly, as annoying as it is at times, the grammar-police on this site sure make it a great place for learning to write properly; not a bad thing, I suppose.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jnwa and 3 guests