Good or bad idea? PLEASE HELP!!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
SummerBrees

Re: Good or bad idea? PLEASE HELP!!

Postby SummerBrees » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 pm

scuzle wrote:
SummerBrees wrote:
lulusmj wrote:I have already taken it 3 times , when I called Florida coastal they told me they're deadline is in July bc they're accepting the June LSAT!! None of these schools deadlines have passed and their classes are no where near full! Should I just go ahead and take the June LSAT?

What kind of preparation techniques are you using? If you have taken the test 3 times you are not learning from your mistakes. I won't be ignorant like "some" people on this site and say that you can't improve your score, or you are not law school material, but you really have to make an assessment. You have to be very careful because many of these schools will accept you, get your money, and then flunk you out! You don't want to pay 15k per semester for a BS degree! Because your score is so low I would seriously consider test prep class. I know Kaplan offers need based scholarships and Sallie Mae provides loans for prep. I used the Zen of 180 as a study guide. I would also recommend craiglist to find a study group. I know the feeling of impending doom you are feeling. Time is of the essence but don't fork over money for nothing.

You cant classify us as ignorant. I think that is rather short sighted. However a) with his stats its unlikely he will get into an accredited school b) most of the degrees you get from t4, especially low t4 like he would be aiming at, do transfer into job opportunities when you would graduate. Its being realistic. I will be attending a low top 100 next year and even then I do not know that I will be getting a good job unless I am in the top 15% of my class. Its just a fair assessment where he is at. Ignorance is not bliss when you consider the major financial investment that law school is and the possible returns.

Let me clarify because apparently you didn't read my post, ignorant applies only to people that would say he could not improve or that he was not law school material. That's it. I am sure this person made this post with hopes of receiving constructive info. Not smart ass comments. That being said... I agree with your opinion. Law school is a serious commitment and it costs a pretty penny. I just believe in offering advice and solutions, not making someone feel like crap for not having the best numbers.

scuzle

Postby scuzle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:04 pm

SummerBrees wrote:
scuzle wrote:
SummerBrees wrote:
lulusmj wrote:I have already taken it 3 times , when I called Florida coastal they told me they're deadline is in July bc they're accepting the June LSAT!! None of these schools deadlines have passed and their classes are no where near full! Should I just go ahead and take the June LSAT?

What kind of preparation techniques are you using? If you have taken the test 3 times you are not learning from your mistakes. I won't be ignorant like "some" people on this site and say that you can't improve your score, or you are not law school material, but you really have to make an assessment. You have to be very careful because many of these schools will accept you, get your money, and then flunk you out! You don't want to pay 15k per semester for a BS degree! Because your score is so low I would seriously consider test prep class. I know Kaplan offers need based scholarships and Sallie Mae provides loans for prep. I used the Zen of 180 as a study guide. I would also recommend craiglist to find a study group. I know the feeling of impending doom you are feeling. Time is of the essence but don't fork over money for nothing.

You cant classify us as ignorant. I think that is rather short sighted. However a) with his stats its unlikely he will get into an accredited school b) most of the degrees you get from t4, especially low t4 like he would be aiming at, do transfer into job opportunities when you would graduate. Its being realistic. I will be attending a low top 100 next year and even then I do not know that I will be getting a good job unless I am in the top 15% of my class. Its just a fair assessment where he is at. Ignorance is not bliss when you consider the major financial investment that law school is and the possible returns.

Let me clarify because apparently you didn't read my post, ignorant applies only to people that would say he could not improve or that he was not law school material. That's it. I am sure this person made this post with hopes of receiving constructive info. Not smart ass comments. That being said... I agree with your opinion. Law school is a serious commitment and it costs a pretty penny. I just believe in offering advice and solutions, not making someone feel like crap for not having the best numbers.

I apologize then and didn't mean to offend you. I agree the smart ass comments are completely out of line. I am from the school of brutal truth. I dont even think a 4th time would help that much unless he shot to the mid 160's with a great addendum. Again, my apologies.

legalized

Postby legalized » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:25 am

lulusmj wrote:
JOThompson wrote:
clintonius wrote:Flame.

Probably, but I usually treat it like a legitimate question, on the off-chance that the OP is sincere.

the OP???

Original poster.

I hope you're going into immigration law if you decide to do this. That arabic would be good for it.

Why didn't you study after the first time taking it? After the 2nd?

That makes no sense.

Why do you HAVE to get in Fall 2010?

eth3n

Postby eth3n » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:26 pm

#1 - Biggest flame ever
#2 - Why are people sugar-coating this, even if this sadly is a real person. 3 LSATs and best is 142? People from t14/t30 are having difficulty ITE, being clear and to the point is for the OP's own good. Unless OP has S-rank (yes I said it) connections, OP will never get into a school better than t4 (scam JD mills), OP will never get a decent job out of t4 if they get a job at all, OP will have absurd debt from a t4. OP there has to be some other possible career for you.

In short, to answer your original post:

BAD IDEA!

vendetta2

Postby vendetta2 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:53 pm

eth3n wrote:#1 - Biggest flame ever
#2 - Why are people sugar-coating this, even if this sadly is a real person. 3 LSATs and best is 142? People from t14/t30 are having difficulty ITE, being clear and to the point is for the OP's own good. Unless OP has S-rank (yes I said it) connections, OP will never get into a school better than t4 (scam JD mills), OP will never get a decent job out of t4 if they get a job at all, OP will have absurd debt from a t4. OP there has to be some other possible career for you.

BAD IDEA!

OP doesn't even know what OP means. And he/ she is probably no longer reading this thread, judging by the time he spent studying for the LSAT.

eth3n

Postby eth3n » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:02 pm

vendetta2 wrote:
eth3n wrote:#1 - Biggest flame ever

BAD IDEA!

OP doesn't even know what OP means. And he/ she is probably no longer reading this thread, judging by the time he spent studying for the LSAT.

Can't really argue with you lol, i added the bad idea just in case :)

Return to “What are my chances?”