Chances of getting into UB Law?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thusspakebenji

Chances of getting into UB Law?

Postby thusspakebenji » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Summa Cum Laude grad with a 3.75 in Criminal Justice at SUNY Albany and a not-so-stellar 155 on my LSAT. Any thoughts on my chances or lack thereof? Thanks amigos!

Dr. Strangelove

Re: Chances of getting into UB Law?

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:07 pm

I think you have a 50/50 chance of getting in.
You have an awesome GPA but UB may waitlist or reject you because of that 155..
If you are a New York resident (which I'm guessing you are), that could be enough to get you in.
Apply early!

NYCbound96

Postby NYCbound96 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:57 am

Are you graduating this year and applying for the Fall of 2011?
I'm answering based on that. I think the earlier you apply the better chance you have with those numbers. And being in-state definitely won't hurt your chances either. I'd say if you applied early in the cycle, like before Thanksgiving, you'd have more towards a 70% chance of getting in.

If you've already applied for this year, I have seen people with similar numbers getting in so I would agree with the poster above, that you have a 50/50 shot.

Good luck!

thusspakebenji

Postby thusspakebenji » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:36 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I applied late November/early December and I am indeed a New York State resident. I also went to UB for 2 years as an undergrad honors student before transferring to Albany for their CRJ program. So with any luck, perhaps I'll get in. I'm a pessimist (read: realist) by nature so my thoughts are generally all doom and gloom. That being said, thanks again for the input, it's greatly appreciated!

Return to “What are my chances?”