Unusual Lsat splitter

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
law88

Unusual Lsat splitter

Postby law88 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:57 am

I
Last edited by law88 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

jmaan

Re: Unusual Lsat splitter

Postby jmaan » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:03 am

law88 wrote:I am an unsual Lsat splitter my gpa from freshman year were very low because, I did not have the proper studying habit.

my grades were

Freshman: 2.3,2.6
So
Junior:3.1, 3.9
Senior: 3.9, 3.9

I havent taken the lsat yet because I am applying for spring semester, however I have been testing in the 170+.
So my question is if I do score 170+ what schools do i Have a chance to get accepted. My dream school is Stanford obviously my chances are extremely low because of my cumulative GPA, however considering I have had strong grades the last two years, and that my work experience is solid ( I was an RA for 2 years). Any ideas

whats ur cum?
and u just need to get a really high lsat...lsat can make up a lot for a gpa but this depends on the gpa....ur not gonna get HYS with anything lower than 3.6 id think

edit: also ur not an unusual splitter

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:05 am

You actually sound like a very usual splitter. "But I have an upward trend" is the mantra of splitters everywhere (as one I should know). Depending on the weighting your gpa is in the lowish 3s so HYS is out and you would need a truly splitter worthy LSAT to have a shot anywhere inside the t14 except maybe UVA ED or NU with a year or two work experience. Study your ass off and hope for the best.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am

law88 wrote:I am an unsual Lsat splitter my gpa from freshman year were very low because, I did not have the proper studying habit.

my grades were

Freshman: 2.3,2.6
So
Junior:3.1, 3.9
Senior: 3.9, 3.9

I havent taken the lsat yet because I am applying for spring semester, however I have been testing in the 170+.
So my question is if I do score 170+ what schools do i Have a chance to get accepted. My dream school is Stanford obviously my chances are extremely low because of my cumulative GPA, however considering I have had strong grades the last two years, and that my work experience is solid ( I was an RA for 2 years). Any ideas

Did you take your entire sophomore year pass/fail?

law88

Postby law88 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:21 am

I c
Last edited by law88 on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Jefferson

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:36 am

law88 wrote:I consider myself an unusual splitter because most splitter constantly get the same gpa throughout college, whereas i got 3.8 average the last 2 years in 300-400 level classes, and 2.7 the first 2 years in 100-200 level classes.

I can't tell if this is a flame or not because: (1) this about as typical a splitter story as they come (between ex-pre-med students, people who took a year to get in shape, etc. etc. etc., as someone else said, the upward trend is incredibly cliche for splitters--speaking as a weak splitter myself); (2) what do you mean you're applying for the spring semester? I've never heard of a school that admits people for the spring; and (3) this was OP's first post (not that that is bad thing, just makes it more likely that this is a flame).

law88

Postby law88 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 am

dude i cam here to get answers, not to get insulted by the likes of you so piss off.

RickyRoe

Postby RickyRoe » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:51 am

law88 wrote:I consider myself an unusual splitter because most splitter constantly get the same gpa throughout college, whereas i got 3.8 average the last 2 years in 300-400 level classes, and 2.7 the first 2 years in 100-200 level classes.

Wrong. Many splitters, myself included, partied/pledged/fucked around freshmen year and beyond then tried to make up for it. You are far from unusual. Also, you are not a splitter if you have never take the LSAT.

Your chances are not "extremely low" at Stanford, they are zero. You are going to have a tough time getting into any SoCal schools with your GPA (I'm assuming 3.1-3.2), so you better hope you test as well as you think.

I do think this was a flame based on the comment "my work experience is solid - I was an RA for 2 years". So, you got this job with a 2.7 GPA? Must not have been as prestigious as you make it out to be. Unless by RA you are referring to you being a "resident advisor", in which case this is definitely a flame.

Dr. Review

Postby Dr. Review » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:00 am

gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you wrote papers like this, it wasn't your study habits...

Thomas Jefferson

Postby Thomas Jefferson » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:02 am

Bedsole wrote:

gonna go out on a limb here and say that if you wrote papers like this, it wasn't your study habits...

My hypothesis is that it's a drunk TLS'er who created an alt. I don't know why this would be a particularly amusing flame worth creating an alt over though.

Return to “What are my chances?”