Advice Please, 176/3.05 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hopefulJD

New

Advice Please, 176/3.05

Post by hopefulJD » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi All,

Long time observer, first time poster. I'm thinking about applying to law school this fall, but still unsure. Wanted to know what my chances were. I took the Feb 6, 2010 LSAT and got a 176, but my undergraduate GPA was a 3.05. After college I decided to travel to Eastern Africa and South Asia, volunteering at many NGO's during my time abroad. After coming back to the states I got a job with an NGO and have been working there for a few months now. I'm quite interested in Human Rights Law and other Public service options post law school, but am unsure to what top schools (if any) I would have a chance at getting into with my low-GPA. Wondering if you guys could give me some advice. I would most definitely try to apply during the early stages of the application cycle.

Thanks all.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: Advice Please, 176/3.05

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:19 pm

Apply to any & all law schools that interest you. A 176 LSAT is somewhat equivalent to "the shot heard round the world" in most law school admissions offices, especially if it was on your first & only sitting.
Your work experience after graduating college will help.
What was your undergraduate major?

happyhoo

New

Post by happyhoo » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:30 pm

I'd say ED at Northwestern for your best shot. They're probably the most splitter-friendly T14.

fiftyonefifty

New

Post by fiftyonefifty » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 pm

don't think you will be attending this fall. probably next fall. unless some schools have April application deadlines.

I know someone who called a school after the deadline and admissions allowed her to apply.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”