3.6 gpa from University of Cal, Irvine and 149 lsat

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ataneja

3.6 gpa from University of Cal, Irvine and 149 lsat

Postby ataneja » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:52 am

Graduated with honors from UCI which is a top school in the UC system, I am an URM (mexican) but some how cracked under the pressure durring the lsat....twice. Each time i was PT'ing at 155. What are my chances at law schools in cali? is a t2 even posible ie: chapman, loyola, santa clara? Also i got strong personal statement (a friend inthe LLM program at U. of Chicago helped edit) and lots of unique extra caricular activities to add to my resume...Ie:compete in MMA fights, High school Football coach, and also active in animal rescue...esp.pitbulls.
Any advice?

OneKnight

Re: 3.6 gpa from University of Cal, Irvine and 149 lsat

Postby OneKnight » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:16 am

--ImageRemoved--

amputatedbrain

Re: 3.6 gpa from University of Cal, Irvine and 149 lsat

Postby amputatedbrain » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:26 am

Usually flames are a little more provocative, no?

Anyway, I'll bite, even though I don't know much about how to advise people in your situation. But the conventional wisdom is that the law schools you'll get into aren't worth going too. Your URM status will be the wildcard, but even that will only go so far with a 149. Also, it's my understanding that Mex-American URM doesn't take you as far in CA as in other places, because, well, there are a lot more Mexicans there than other states. There's just no way around working on your anxiety and retaking the LSAT. Or just shoot of all the applications and see if you get a bite that agrees with you, but I wouldn't go to law school just to go to law school.

Return to “What are my chances?”