Tulane & General Chances, 165/3.04, URM

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
plt06

Tulane & General Chances, 165/3.04, URM

Postby plt06 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:03 am

So I was wondering if anyone had any insight on Tulane's admissions process. I'm an MBA student with 165/3.04 (undergrad), and an URM, and applied to a ton of schools, including Tulane very very early (August & Sept). I've heard back from most but still haven't heard from Tulane and I'm actually kind of keen on them. I called a few weeks ago to see if there was anything else I could do to assist the admin committee in making their decision and the person just told me it'd be another 6-8 weeks before they had a decision.

It's getting near decision time and I'm wondering if I should just jump at one of the current choices even though I was hoping for a little better (even just a Tulane admit with an aid package), or wait another year & re-apply (I applied a year early and was going to have to defer a year anyway). Not sure what good it would do, aside from having the completed MBA and the language immersion program I'm doing this summer. I've already taken the LSAT 3X and worked for Kaplan (my actual scores were always 5+ points lower than any of the practice tests I took). Besides, it'd be a 3rd Summer/Fall of law apps & app fees for a lot of the schools.

Pending:

WUSTL
Emory
USC
Boston University

Acceptances & Scholarships:

University of Florida
Florida State University
UGA-Awarded In State Tuition
Wake Forest-20k X 3 years
Miami - 20k X 3 years
Richmond - 25k X 3 years