Am I screwed til next cycle...

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nax425

Am I screwed til next cycle...

Postby nax425 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:43 pm

or is there hope for me yet?

170, 3.95
Three LORs (2 academic, 1 professional)
Belmont U in Nashville TN w/ Music Business degree (BBA), two yrs at University of Kansas before.
Working as Buyer at Engineering firm since graduation in May 08. Contract work.

Applied ED to NYU after Sept. LSAT. only 1 LOR went thru, the academic rec didn't send despite telling me they would send a great letter on my behalf. So I was sent a letter in Dec. from NYU saying they would re-examine me with the regular apps. So I scrambled for two more academic LORs in Jan and sent in on Feb. 5th. PLUS, a LOCI telling them to admit me because I love Tax Law and I will accept their offer over any other.

Applied to Columbia and Georgetown Feb. 5th. Complete at both by now. UR at Gtown. Late in cycle...I know.

Basically, I dread the thought of going anywhere other than NYC. But now, Gtown isn't even a safe bet. I can wait another year to try this all again...I really rolled the dice this time...but I don't want to have to wait. Anyone think I'll get something? Or am I stuck waiting it out til next Fall and hitting up some other schools?

Say really positive things and make me think I'm going to get accepted to NYU. Thx

holydonkey

Re: Am I screwed til next cycle...

Postby holydonkey » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:47 pm

nax425 wrote:or is there hope for me yet?

170, 3.95
Three LORs (2 academic, 1 professional)
Belmont U in Nashville TN w/ Music Business degree (BBA), two yrs at University of Kansas before.
Working as Buyer at Engineering firm since graduation in May 08. Contract work.

Applied ED to NYU after Sept. LSAT. only 1 LOR went thru, the academic rec didn't send despite telling me they would send a great letter on my behalf. So I was sent a letter in Dec. from NYU saying they would re-examine me with the regular apps. So I scrambled for two more academic LORs in Jan and sent in on Feb. 5th. PLUS, a LOCI telling them to admit me because I love Tax Law and I will accept their offer over any other.

Applied to Columbia and Georgetown Feb. 5th. Complete at both by now. UR at Gtown. Late in cycle...I know.

Basically, I dread the thought of going anywhere other than NYC. But now, Gtown isn't even a safe bet. I can wait another year to try this all again...I really rolled the dice this time...but I don't want to have to wait. Anyone think I'll get something? Or am I stuck waiting it out til next Fall and hitting up some other schools?

Say really positive things and make me think I'm going to get accepted to NYU. Thx

You're going to get accepted to NYU. http://nyu.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

nax425

Postby nax425 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:34 pm

YAY :lol:

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:52 pm

nax425

Postby nax425 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:38 pm

Not fully screwed. In at Georgetown via admitted students website! DR on 3/8.

I hope this bodes well for NYU...

Return to “What are my chances?”