Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Postby deejayy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi guys. First time posting, but thought I'd ask for your opinions.
Just looking for perhaps a range of schools (rankings maybe?) I could have a decent chance at, what might be a reach, what is definitely attainable.

3.5 GPA (hopefully raise this to around 3.53 by graduation) / 169 LSAT...1 try
Korean ethnicity, California resident. No real preference although UCLA/Cal/Hastings highlight my California schools of interest.
4 years helping Sunday School at church and directed two summer camps for the church almost single-handedly. Letter of rec. from principle at the church (also a lawyer...Cal undergraduate/UCLA Law)
Also staffed at three other big summer camps and staffed for a school club for 2 years.
Interned at DA's office in the Bay Area for a summer. Letter of rec. from there.
Letter of rec. from professor I know quite well...Have taken 4 classes with him and received good grades in all of them.
Lower-middle class family income, running a private restaurant.

Not sure what other information I could provide. Hope to hear back from you guys!

Re: 3.5/169

Postby holydonkey » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 pm

In Hastings. Probably in USC. Waitlist -> ? UCLA.

Re: 3.5/169

Postby cardinalandgold » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:59 pm

I have almost identical stats and am a California resident also. So far, I have gotten in to Michigan, Vandy, WUSTL, Illinois, and George Mason. I have also been waitlisted at UVA and Duke. I have yet to hear back from the two Cali schools I applied to, USC and UCLA.

Return to “What are my chances?”