168/4.0 hispanic non MX/PR

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dlaf88

168/4.0 hispanic non MX/PR

Postby dlaf88 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:27 pm

Hey guys, new to TLS. I am a Hispanic applicant (non Mexican or Puerto Rican), my LSAT score is 168 (Feb 2010), and I have a 4.0 from a state university. I am applying for the 2010-2011 year cycle. I am considering retaking the LSAT since I scored on the lower end of practice test score range.I wanted to know your opinion regarding my chances at some of the T-14 schools, particularly Harvard,Columbia,NYU,Cornell,UPenn, and Georgetown. Thank you and your help is very much appreciated.

Ragged

Re: 168/4.0 hispanic non MX/PR

Postby Ragged » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 pm

dlaf88 wrote:Hey guys, new to TLS. I am a Hispanic applicant (non Mexican or Puerto Rican), my LSAT score is 168 (Feb 2010), and I have a 4.0 from a state university. I am applying for the 2010-2011 year cycle. I am considering retaking the LSAT since I scored on the lower end of practice test score range.I wanted to know your opinion regarding my chances at some of the T-14 schools, particularly Harvard,Columbia,NYU,Cornell,UPenn, and Georgetown. Thank you and your help is very much appreciated.

Its hard to predict the next cycle since its hard to tell how much medians are going to increase after this cycle. Also I'm not sure how much boost you'll get

Having said that, as far as I can see you are probably in at Georgetown and Cornell. The other schools depend on how much boost you'll get. With no boost you are out at NYU and up and I'm not sure about UPenn. You stand a fair chance at the rest of the T14.

Boosting your score even a couple of points will significantly boost your chances at YHSCCN and will make the rest T14 pretty much a lock. So I say go for it.

KibblesAndVick

Postby KibblesAndVick » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 pm

I agree. Considering your GPA, breaking 170 will result in great things. If 168 was the low end of the spectrum then it shouldn't be too hard to kick butt on a retake. Obviously your chances at the schools you listed would vary with your score. But if you manage to hit the high end of your spectrum (mid 170's?) you'd be in real good shape.

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:02 pm

dlaf88 wrote:Hey guys, new to TLS. I am a Hispanic applicant (non Mexican or Puerto Rican), my LSAT score is 168 (Feb 2010), and I have a 4.0 from a state university. I am applying for the 2010-2011 year cycle. I am considering retaking the LSAT since I scored on the lower end of practice test score range.I wanted to know your opinion regarding my chances at some of the T-14 schools, particularly

Harvard - NO
Columbia - MAYBE
NYU - YES
Cornell - YES
UPenn - YES
Georgetown - YES

Thank you and your help is very much appreciated.

Return to “What are my chances?”