Chances at Indianapolis and Louisville.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
colts18

Chances at Indianapolis and Louisville.

Postby colts18 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:54 pm

I initially posted this in the regular admissions forum then realized that it belonged here.....

I just applied to Louisville last week and applied to Indy about a month ago. However, my application was on hold at Indy as I was a LOR short. Thankfully that LOR has finally come in. My LSAT is a 160 (about the 75th percentile at both schools) and I have a 3.2 GPA. I'm an Indiana native participating in a difficult UG program at Indiana University Bloomington. My reason for being late in the application process is due in large part to a very serious personal situation which I addressed in the application.

Obviously I have shot myself in the foot by applying late, I know that. So I'm curious, do you all think that I'll still be able to get into at least one of these schools? I have plugged my numbers into LSN and that says I have great chances at both of these schools, but the LSN looks at statistics from applicants that applied at all times. I want to know what you all think my chances are this late in the game.

Also, when a school holds an app for being a LOR short, do they still look at all of the important stuff and make somewhat of a decision on you or does it just sit there completely cold until you get the LOR in?

Thanks for any help.

RickyRoe

Re: Chances at Indianapolis and Louisville.

Postby RickyRoe » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Im kind of in the same position with a slightly higher LSAT and a slightly lower GPA. I think you still have a good shot at both programs. I know Indy accepted 21/21 applicants last year an LSAT 160-164 and GPA 3.0-3.24. In fact they accepted 8/8 with those LSAT scores and a GPA 2.75-3.

Both of those programs also have part time programs as well if that interests you. I dont know about Louisville, but I know Indy allows you to apply to both the full and part time programs at the same time. You might try that just in case.

colts18

Postby colts18 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:11 pm

RickyRoe wrote:Im kind of in the same position with a slightly higher LSAT and a slightly lower GPA. I think you still have a good shot at both programs. I know Indy accepted 21/21 applicants last year an LSAT 160-164 and GPA 3.0-3.24. In fact they accepted 8/8 with those LSAT scores and a GPA 2.75-3.

Wow, those numbers make me feel a lot better. Where did you get those from?

RickyRoe

Postby RickyRoe » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:56 am

The LSAC website. Go to my schools list, click on IU-Indy, Law School Description, Law School Description, then scroll down to applicant profile.

At Louisville, 12/13 applicants with your numbers were admitted. Although it should be noted that your LSAT score is at the lower end of the range. If you go down to the 155 to 159 range only 25/47 were admitted. As opposed to going down a level in GPA where 8/9 were still admitted. Shows that schools really do care more about LSAT than GPA.

colts18

Postby colts18 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks. That is very helpful.

Return to “What are my chances?”