Great February LSAT... what now?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Swamp Monster

Great February LSAT... what now?

Postby Swamp Monster » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Hey all,

I did better than I expected on the Feb. LSAT and got a 173 (I got a 163 in Dec. from choking on RC) , so coupled with my 2.66 GPA I certainly qualify as a super splitter now...I was expecting a 167-170 so I applied to WUSTL already, knowing how LSAT friendly they are. I have enough money that I'm willing to take a chance and send some apps out that are underdogs, but I'm not looking to piss away money on an application to HYS. I'm definitely applying to Georgetown PT before tomorrow's deadline...are there any other T14/T20's that might be a possibility this late in the game? Most seemed to have a deadline of 2/15, since I've missed that is it game over for those schools or might it be worth a roll of the dice? Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated since I've been kind of scrambling for 24 hours since I didn't expect such a great score...guess this is a good problem to have! Thanks.

Swamp Monster

Re: Great February LSAT... what now?

Postby Swamp Monster » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:19 pm

more than anything, I'm just curious if any TLSers have any experience applying after the priority deadline. Good, bad, or indifferent experiences, I'm just curious if its a disadvantage that can be overcome, or a complete waste of money. Thanks again.

Grad09

Postby Grad09 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:15 pm

In my opinion (which isn't worth much) with a 173 anything below Upenn is no waste of time. I know UVA and Gtown have deadlines on monday, throw them some money. I would take the chance.

That being said, if you have some sort of an excuse for that GPA, or if you have a upward trend of some sort, your chances will increase considerably. If there is no real reason, then you might be in trouble.

All in all, I'd rather pay 80 bucks an app than continue my life never knowing.

becauseimaddicted

Postby becauseimaddicted » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm in the same boat (170 in February after 161 in September) and am now totally unsure of how to proceed.

I sent in UVA and Georgetown tonight. Harvard has always been my dream, but I would love to go to UChicago or pretty much any Top14 save Berkeley (i'm not exactly the granola type).

I wish I knew what to do. Best of luck to you!

Swamp Monster

Postby Swamp Monster » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks guys...I'd be curious to hear any opinions on my chances now...its been a pretty crazy day having to make such important decisions in 24 hours.

I had already applied to:
American
Cardozo May Entry
UConn PT/FT
Fordham PT
George Mason
Hofstra
Rutgers Newark
St. John's
Seton Hall
Tulane
Washington and Lee
WUSTL

I added today:
Georgetown Binding Early PT or FT
Northwestern
William and Mary

I didn't add Cornell because they rejected a 176/2.8 and a 177/2.95. Didn't add BU because they haven't accepted anyone with below a 3.3 this cycle.
Despite extending its deadline to 3/1, Northwestern's too late for an interview which I know is important there, so despite my optimism for its splitter happiness, I'm skeptical because of the lack of interview.

Any thoughts on if Part Time application and Early Decision could help at GULC?

Any other schools that would be a good idea to apply to in next 24 hours? I obviously don't have a lot of time to work with with deadlines closing so quickly after getting new score.

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:32 am

Congrats on the 173.

That said, with a 2.66 GPA and a very late app, your chances are not good at T20. But go to hourumd.com and you'll get an idea of some schools that might take you.

I don't have time to research app deadlines, but you might have a shot at these schools:

Illinois
Indiana-Bloomington
Univ. of Alabama
Iowa
UC Davis
Tulane
Utah
Florida
Florida State
Penn State

becauseimaddicted

Postby becauseimaddicted » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:47 am

Northwestern extended its application date? That's great news!! I will apply tomorrow! *is ecstatic*

Swamp Monster

Postby Swamp Monster » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 am

From Northwestern Law's Twitter page:
We've extended the JD application deadline until March 1. To apply visit --LinkRemoved--.

Glad to help though I guess it adds competition!

Return to “What are my chances?”