Just got my LSAT score

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ucm mocker

Just got my LSAT score

Postby ucm mocker » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm new on the board and I just got my LSAT score with a 164. Not great but not bad. I have a 3.9 gpa form the University of Central Missouri, and am student body president, if that makes a difference whatsoever. Anyway, I am wondering what is the best law school law school that I could get into? I haveno preference for location. I am considering being a naval jag, if that helps at all. Any reply would be extremely helpful, seeing as I am new and don't relly know whats going on. Thanks

chocho

Re: Just got my LSAT score

Postby chocho » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:20 pm

cavebat2000

Postby cavebat2000 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:23 pm

One bit of advice. Don't over-estimate how well SG president will play in your favor. ALOT of people applying have been in Student Government, including myself. Now, if you accomplished something amazing, that might be worth noting.

In terms of your chances.. http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com is a semi-reliable resource for someone with your stats. Best advice, apply by the beginning of fall, its a serious advantage to applying when the rest of the nation applies.

swimbrad

Postby swimbrad » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:29 pm

cavebat2000 wrote:One bit of advice. Don't over-estimate how well SG president will play in your favor. ALOT of people applying have been in Student Government, including myself. Now, if you accomplished something amazing, that might be worth noting.

In terms of your chances.. http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com is a semi-reliable resource for someone with your stats. Best advice, apply by the beginning of fall, its a serious advantage to be applying [strike]when[/strike] before the rest of the nation applies.

FTFY

ucm mocker

Postby ucm mocker » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks for the replies. I checked out law school predictor and it helped a lot. I was wondering what you think my chances were at WashU or Emory? The site says "strong consider" which means that I'll probably get in?

badfish

Postby badfish » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:02 pm

ucm mocker wrote:Thanks for the replies. I checked out law school predictor and it helped a lot. I was wondering what you think my chances were at WashU or Emory? The site says "strong consider" which means that I'll probably get in?

It means you have a decent shot.

Sorry for the ambiguity, but there it is.

underachiever

Postby underachiever » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:05 pm

badfish wrote:
ucm mocker wrote:Thanks for the replies. I checked out law school predictor and it helped a lot. I was wondering what you think my chances were at WashU or Emory? The site says "strong consider" which means that I'll probably get in?

It means you have a decent shot.

Sorry for the ambiguity, but there it is.

And applying this late wont help matters

ucm mocker

Postby ucm mocker » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:57 pm

Oh im not applying till next cycle. and what kind of money could i get at a school like alabama or georgia with my numbers: 164 and 3.9?

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:26 pm

you are not going to a national school with those numbers, so choosing "the best school" would be a mistake. you need to choose the best regional school that places in the market you want to target.

ucm mocker

Postby ucm mocker » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:32 pm

yea i was thinking about practicing law in the southeast, so possibly bama, georgia, florida, or emory if i could get in. i just need to make sure it is affordable

Return to “What are my chances?”