2.7 UGPA (2.3 LSAC GPA), 158 LSAT...CA SCHOOLS?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
star10
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

2.7 UGPA (2.3 LSAC GPA), 158 LSAT...CA SCHOOLS?

Postby star10 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Hey all...

My boyfriend is looking into law schools for next year, possibly the year after...He just got his LSAT back today and got a 158. He is finishing his last quarter at school as a mathematics major with a 2.7 GPA. He is not a typical URM but he is a first generation Iranian American (not sure if this helps)

He is trying to figure out if he should apply to some tier 3's and tier 4's before the April deadlines or wait until next year instead.

Schools he is considering: McGeorge, Chapman, SW, Golden Gate

What would be his best option...

1. Apply now and hope for the best
2. Wait til next year and apply early into the cycle
3. Retake and apply next cycle

Also would applying to part-time programs perhaps be a better option for him? (i.e USD/SCU/USF part-time)

Any advice is appreciated...

User avatar
tallboone
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 12:27 am

Re: 2.7 UGPA (2.3 LSAC GPA), 158 LSAT...CA SCHOOLS?

Postby tallboone » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:33 pm


star10
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: 2.7 UGPA (2.3 LSAC GPA), 158 LSAT...CA SCHOOLS?

Postby star10 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:35 pm

yeah I've seen this site and its been somewhat accurate in my admissions cycle but looking for a little more in depth advice...

thanks though

User avatar
TTTennis
Posts: 346
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:12 pm

Re: 2.7 UGPA (2.3 LSAC GPA), 158 LSAT...CA SCHOOLS?

Postby TTTennis » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:37 pm

star10 wrote:Hey all...

My boyfriend is looking into law schools for next year, possibly the year after...He just got his LSAT back today and got a 158. He is finishing his last quarter at school as a mathematics major with a 2.7 GPA. He is not a typical URM but he is a first generation Iranian American (not sure if this helps)

He is trying to figure out if he should apply to some tier 3's and tier 4's before the April deadlines or wait until next year instead.

Schools he is considering: McGeorge, Chapman, SW, Golden Gate

What would be his best option...

1. Apply now and hope for the best
2. Wait til next year and apply early into the cycle
3. Retake and apply next cycle

Also would applying to part-time programs perhaps be a better option for him? (i.e USD/SCU/USF part-time)


Any advice is appreciated...


This. He's gonna need a high LSAT to compensate for that low gpa. (even though math is a pretty tough major)




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pneumonia, UVA2B and 3 guests