2.97 any chance

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

2.97 any chance

Postby cope8870 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 pm

Hello I want to start this by telling you that I have been out of school for almost one year. I graduated from Ohio University with a degree in communications. My gpa though wasn't very high though, only a 2.975. My gpa is low for this reason, while in school I was working 40 to 60 hours a week to support myself. I want to attend a law school but I'm worried that my low gpa might hold me back from this. The only schools I would be applying to are school within two hours from my home. They included Ohio State, Capital, UCinci, and U Dayton. I was wondering if any one would have an ideal on how high of an lsat I would need to be accepted into one of these schools. Thanks for your time.

Waggly Toast

Re: 2.97 any chance

Postby Waggly Toast » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:50 pm

I would suggest visiting the admissions page of each school's website and finding their entering class statistics. Also, a strong LSAT score will greatly enhance your chances of acceptance. Most schools will also allow you to submit an addenda to explain your GPA.

Re: 2.97 any chance

Postby FuManChusco » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:50 pm

I think your top 2 schools would be OSU and Cincy. Your GPA is below their 25th percentile meaning the only chance you have is to have an above 75th percentile score on the LSAT. Ohio, you'd need a 165+ for that, and Cincy a 163+ (quickly glancing their stats). The higher the better, but I'd be aiming for that 165+ mark if I were you and even then admission is not close to a guarantee.

Return to “What are my chances?”