3.7, 170, poor softs Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
uncjtd20

New

3.7, 170, poor softs

Post by uncjtd20 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Hello all,
I'm heading towards graduation at UNC-Chapel Hill. As stated in the subject line, I have a 3.7 and scored a 170 on the LSAT. What I'm concerned about are my "softs." I've studied abroad for a semester in Spain, am proficient in Spanish, have had an government internship in DC, and had an alternative spring break doing volunteer work in Honduras. How much of a factor will these weak softs have on my chances for the top 14ers? Top 30? Any input is appreciated, thanks!

AlanShore

Silver

Re: 3.7, 170, poor softs

Post by AlanShore » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:00 am

uncjtd20 wrote:Hello all,
I'm heading towards graduation at UNC-Chapel Hill. As stated in the subject line, I have a 3.7 and scored a 170 on the LSAT. What I'm concerned about are my "softs." I've studied abroad for a semester in Spain, am proficient in Spanish, have had an government internship in DC, and had an alternative spring break doing volunteer work in Honduras. How much of a factor will these weak softs have on my chances for the top 14ers? Top 30? Any input is appreciated, thanks!
softs wont really matter. you have a great shot at the lower t14s.. michigan, cornell and gtown of course, not berkeley because they want veryyyy high gpas, northwestern should be fine, penn is a bit tougher but you have a reasonably chance

HYS, columbia, nyu will be tougher. but you will get into some great schools.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:09 am

AlanShore wrote:
softs wont really matter. you have a great shot at the lower t14s.. michigan, cornell and gtown of course, not berkeley because they want veryyyy high gpas, northwestern should be fine, penn is a bit tougher but you have a reasonably chance

HYS, columbia, nyu will be tougher. but you will get into some great schools.
OP has average softs.

OP will have no post-graduate WE. NU's out.

OP will likely get into 2 or more out of Michigan, Virginia, Penn, Duke, Cornell and Georgetown. Everywhere from NYU down is probably worth the app fee.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:09 am

I have much worse softs than that, about your GPA, and a 168, and I'm in at 6 T30s already, waiting on two more and a bunch of lower T14s as well. You'll get into multiple T14s.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:40 am

In at Cornell, G-Town, Duke, Michigan and probably in at Penn; Out of the rest of T14. In at every other school you choose to apply to with some serious $$$.

This is an optimistic prospect since this cycle is promising to be brutal. Good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

uncjtd20

New

Post by uncjtd20 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the input

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:56 pm

I PMed you.

Want to continue reading?