3.3/170

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thekingiv

3.3/170

Postby thekingiv » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:39 am

Emory
Duke
UVA
Vandy
Tennessee
UGA
Georgia State

I have done the chance website, but still welcome yall's thoughts on getting into those law schools.

Maybe more importantly, I'm also curious about my chances at scholarship money at any of these places?

bballfreak56

Re: 3.3/170

Postby bballfreak56 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:43 am

I would say you have a fairly good shot at all of them except for Duke. As long as you have some good softs and a good personal statement you should be able to gain some good acceptances from that group.

thekingiv

Postby thekingiv » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:44 am

bballfreak56 wrote:I would say you have a fairly good shot at all of them except for Duke. As long as you have some good softs and a good personal statement you should be able to gain some good acceptances from that group.

Really dumb question, but what are "softs"?

Also, do you have any guess on how those schools are with scholarships?

bballfreak56

Postby bballfreak56 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:50 am

Softs are pretty much anything that supports your application besides LSAT, personal statements and GPA. For example work experience, volunteer work, and that sort of thing. They aren't as important as the LSAT, PS, and GPA but they are still helpful when you are borderline with someone else. Scholarships normally are based on how you compare to the medians. IF you are higher you will get more than if you are lower. I dont know alot about those schools financial aid individually

thekingiv

Postby thekingiv » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:58 am

bballfreak56 wrote:Softs are pretty much anything that supports your application besides LSAT, personal statements and GPA. For example work experience, volunteer work, and that sort of thing. They aren't as important as the LSAT, PS, and GPA but they are still helpful when you are borderline with someone else. Scholarships normally are based on how you compare to the medians. IF you are higher you will get more than if you are lower. I dont know alot about those schools financial aid individually

Thanks for taking the time to explain that. Any idea on splitters like me, if they value LSAT or GPA more?

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:36 am

thekingiv wrote:Emory IN
Duke WL/OUT
UVA WL/OUT unless you ED
Vandy WL/IN
Tennessee IN
UGA IN
Georgia State IN

Don't think you can expect any $ from the ones I listed as WL. Check out hourumd if you want an idea of amounts you could expect from the others. And ED UVA if you're willing to pay sticker.

thekingiv

Postby thekingiv » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:53 am

beef wellington wrote:
thekingiv wrote:Emory IN
Duke WL/OUT
UVA WL/OUT unless you ED
Vandy WL/IN
Tennessee IN
UGA IN
Georgia State IN

Don't think you can expect any $ from the ones I listed as WL. Check out hourumd if you want an idea of amounts you could expect from the others. And ED UVA if you're willing to pay sticker.

Bro, your avatar just made me so hungry.

Thanks for the advice. Got fingers crossed for scholarship money.

Return to “What are my chances?”