Chances at law school but medical problem

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
prepkid26

Chances at law school but medical problem

Postby prepkid26 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:16 am

Hey,

I was curious to see how I would stack up against law schools. Im a junior and have a 3.0 and 165 LSAT. Throughout my college career, I had to deal with colon cancer and now crohn's disease. I was in and out of treatment a lot so my schoolwork was hindered. Im just wondering if law school admissions would take my medical situation into consideration. I've been doing really well in school since my treatment finished, and just want an opportunity from schools. Thanks for those who can reply back.

ec2xs

Re: Chances at law school but medical problem

Postby ec2xs » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:22 am

A strong upward trend in your GPA would help considerably, but it all depends on what schools you are aiming for.

I'm sure any school will take your medical issues into account, but that doesn't blind administrators to a low GPA. Hope that helps.

TTTennis

Re: Chances at law school but medical problem

Postby TTTennis » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:22 am

Depends on where you wanna go to school and what you wanna do with your career. Numbers wise, you are in decent shape for some pretty good schools. Of course, like anyone on here will tell you, it would really help if you could bring that LSAT up (I'm not in the position to tell you that because of my sub-par LSAT). Even if you don't, you should be just fine (once again, assuming you don't wanna go t14 or something).

Best of luck. Sorry to hear about your circumstances.

Return to “What are my chances?”