3.0 and 169 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
florida applicant

New

3.0 and 169

Post by florida applicant » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:09 am

3.0 UG GPA and 169 on the LSAT. Odds for the University of Florida? I'm a Florida resident, and the in-state tuition is appealing.

Also, any comments on how high I should shoot in general would be appreciated. I'm getting very conflicting impressions from various sources due to my relatively low GPA and above-average LSAT.

I know this is late for admissions, I'm planning on taking a year between college and law school. Anyway, thanks for any feedback.

florida applicant

New

Re: 3.0 and 169

Post by florida applicant » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:54 am

I appreciate the links to the calculators, but I'm not sure how much I can trust the results.

You see, Law School Numbers is based on user-submitted information. I don't know whether their sample is representative, how many people have posted inaccurate information, or whether the sample is large enough to dilute the inaccurate information. Horumd's data is in turn based on Law School Numbers' information.

Law school predictor seems better because it is based on official numbers, but I don't know whether their methodology is sound because it doesn't seem to allot for cutoff points. I don't know how many schools have hard-and-fast GPA cutoffs, or what those cutoffs might be.

I don't want to sound like I'm nitpicking their process, but I hear a lot about floors for GPA and LSAT scores, and don't know how to account for them when I choose where to apply. I don't want to shoot off $40.00 to $70.00 applications anywhere they won't be looked at.

am060459

Silver

Post by am060459 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:00 am

well list the names of school you wish to apply and im sure u'll get answers to admissions.

as for UF, ur in with $$$.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:27 am

florida applicant wrote:3.0 UG GPA and 169 on the LSAT. Odds for the University of Florida? I'm a Florida resident, and the in-state tuition is appealing.

Also, any comments on how high I should shoot in general would be appreciated. I'm getting very conflicting impressions from various sources due to my relatively low GPA and above-average LSAT.

I know this is late for admissions, I'm planning on taking a year between college and law school. Anyway, thanks for any feedback.
In at UF, maybe with money, maybe not. But if you're in-state, $13k isn't too bad. You might want to consider UGA, U of A, Wake, Tulane, and UNC if you're sure you want to practice in the South, but you're not sure you want to stay in Florida. You also might want to PM missvik218. She is your numbers twin.

If you're sure you want to stay in FL, go with UF, no question. But keep in mind the region you want to practice. UF won't be the best for you if you want to practice in NC, for example.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

florida applicant

New

Post by florida applicant » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Much appreciated.

mntcgolf08

New

Post by mntcgolf08 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:48 am

Easy entrance into UF

Want to continue reading?