Northwestern stats for undergrad seniors.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rundoxierun

Northwestern stats for undergrad seniors.

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Anyone have any idea what the stats usually are for the few undergrad seniors who actually get into Northwestern?? Ive been told Northwestern can be fairly generous with money and I would love the Chicago market so Im pretty interested in applying to the school next cycle.

Kobe_Teeth

Re: Northwestern stats for undergrad seniors.

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:13 pm

I've heard they like the high LSATs. I would assume with your numbers (especially the 177) and your avatar (URM never hurts) you got a real good shot.

I'm sure you would be in at Chicago as well. Don't ya think? Or are you not particularly fond of the school?

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:32 pm

Nothing against UChicago Law(altho I hated my visit to their undergrad), I just thought I would be better to apply to both. Only thing with Northwestern is the whole work experience thing throws everything off and I would like to do an in-person interview. I doubt they have many reps in the state of TN so getting a live interview might take a little more planning than just throwing an app.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:53 pm

They're usually CCN-caliber numbers, like 3.7+/172+. Northwestern commonly offers these seniors full rides contingent on deferring for a year to get FT WE.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:09 am

Sauer Grapes wrote:Too late to do an off campus interview. FYI.

tkgrrett wrote:Anyone have any idea what the stats usually are for the few undergrad seniors who actually get into Northwestern?? Ive been told Northwestern can be fairly generous with money and I would love the Chicago market so Im pretty interested in applying to the school next cycle.

rundoxierun

Postby rundoxierun » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:12 am

Applying next cycle.

im_blue wrote:They're usually CCN-caliber numbers, like 3.7+/172+. Northwestern commonly offers these seniors full rides contingent on deferring for a year to get FT WE.

hmm.. so this year off is an absolute necessity even with the numbers?? I really dont understand the point in getting 1 year of work experience. Its not long enough to gain anything all that significant, especially when you know you will be leaving for Northwestern as soon as you can.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:46 am

tkgrrett wrote:

Applying next cycle.

im_blue wrote:They're usually CCN-caliber numbers, like 3.7+/172+. Northwestern commonly offers these seniors full rides contingent on deferring for a year to get FT WE.

hmm.. so this year off is an absolute necessity even with the numbers?? I really dont understand the point in getting 1 year of work experience. Its not long enough to gain anything all that significant, especially when you know you will be leaving for Northwestern as soon as you can.

Well 2% of Northwestern's class has no WE, so that's all of 4-5 people? Northwestern has just decided to focus on students with work experience, for whatever reason.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:58 am

Even more so than 170+ LSAT, it's my understanding that all had very high GPAs, are very personable, and ties to the area / school (of some sort).

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:00 am

In fact, one was admitted to Columbia, but decided to attend NU for personal reasons.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:01 am

tkgrrett wrote:Anyone have any idea what the stats usually are for the few undergrad seniors who actually get into Northwestern?? Ive been told Northwestern can be fairly generous with money and I would love the Chicago market so Im pretty interested in applying to the school next cycle.

If you have #'s to get into NU straight-thru from undergrad, then you'll likely be admitted to Chicago. Go to Chicago!

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 am

chadwick218 wrote:

If you have #'s to get into NU straight-thru from undergrad, then you'll likely be admitted to Chicago. Go to Chicago!

Yes, except OP is looking for significant money from NU, which he would probably take over Chicago.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:14 am

im_blue wrote:Yes, except OP is looking for significant money from NU, which he would probably take over Chicago.

Yeah, I saw that ... it's a tough call ... I think that w/ significant money at NU, the OP will get into a much better school (in which case I just wouldn't go to NU). Again, it's hard to tell without stats.

Indeed, with a 175/4.0, the OP is likely to be admitted to NU with a near-full-ride, but then again, the OP would stand a very good chances of being admitted to HYS.

Return to “What are my chances?”