May Have Done Worse On Feb LSAT Will That Hurt My Chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
monkeyboy

May Have Done Worse On Feb LSAT Will That Hurt My Chances?

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:28 pm

163 in December. Applying to lower T1 schools and T2s. If I scored a 157 on the Feb test, will it hurt me at Utah, Arizona, Case Western, Wisconsin?

hiromoto45

Re: May Have Done Worse On Feb LSAT Will That Hurt My Chances?

Postby hiromoto45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:34 pm

Unless you asked for the law schools to hold your application until your new score comes out you should be fine. You have 6 days to cancel your score.

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:35 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Unless you asked for the law schools to hold your application until your new score comes out you should be fine. You have 6 days to cancel your score.

Should I ask them to review ASAP? I didn't request anything either way before. Would a dip in score hurt me or would they just take the higher of the two regardless? Thanks, Hiromoto.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:38 pm

I think your score is competitive at lower T1 and T2. Since you didn't request a hold, I think you will be reviewed before the new score. The rule is to look at the highest score but if your second score is close to your first score, they may look at the average. If it is lower the score will hurt your chances. How did you feel about the test compared to the first LSAT you took?

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:42 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:I think your score is competitive at lower T1 and T2. Since you didn't request a hold, I think you will be reviewed before the new score. The rule is to look at the highest score but if your second score is close to your first score, they may look at the average. If it is lower the score will hurt your chances. How did you feel about the test compared to the first LSAT you took?

I did pretty well with the exception of reading comp. I was fatigued and I just don't know. I may have missed far more on reading comp than last time, however I know I did significantly better on games.

Return to “What are my chances?”