Late in the cycle applications - 3.5/170s

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
bdubs

Late in the cycle applications - 3.5/170s

Postby bdubs » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:23 pm

I only decided that law school was the right thing for me in late November, so it was too late to take the LSAT in December. I am signed up for the Feb. LSAT but it was recently postponed. My practice tests are coming out in the mid-170s and I am hoping to get a little test day bump in score.

I am 4 years out of school and have been working as an economic consultant on major legal cases. I have a strong CV and what I think are strong LORs (2 from supervisors at work, 1 from a chaired Stanford econ professor who I have worked with closely). I have been doing work on the economic side of antitrust cases and want to increase my knowledge of the legal aspects of the field.

My LSDAS GPA is a 3.5. My UGPA was 3.65 in Finance/Intl. Business from a T50 private school. LSDAS knocked me down by including bad HS CC calc grades. My UGPA has a strong upward trend, and is only based off of 6 semesters (I went abroad for 1 yr).

I know that I am applying really late in the cycle (close to or on the deadline for most schools), but what are my chances at the list below?

Yale
Harvard (I know they technically don't accept Feb. LSATs, but I applied anyway)
Univ. of Chicago
Univ. of Pennsylvania
Georgetown (part-time)
GWU (part-time)

Northwestern JD/MBA - This will be a round 3 app for Kellogg as I haven't taken the GMAT yet either.

DOOM

Re: Late in the cycle applications - 3.5/170s

Postby DOOM » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:38 pm

We really cant give you any information/insight without an actual LSAT score.

We ALL hope for a test day bump and to perform as well as we do on our practice tests, but ultimately it only matters what your actual score is on the exam, on the day of the test.

Regardless, i think most people will recommend that you wait until next cycle and apply early.

Good luck on the LSAT.

lawman335

Postby lawman335 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:46 am

we really cant suggest u without the actual LSAT score...........

kinch

Postby kinch » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 am

Out at Y and H.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:20 am

i suspect that you will only get into safeties at this point, and will have no scholarship money. it is reallly late. apply next cycle!

booboo

Postby booboo » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:23 am

englawyer wrote:i suspect that you will only get into safeties at this point, and will have no scholarship money. it is reallly late. apply next cycle!

+1.

Return to “What are my chances?”