Should I be nervous? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
hellokitty

Bronze

Re: Should I be nervous?

Post by hellokitty » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Last edited by hellokitty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

exitlane

New

Post by exitlane » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:24 pm

y
Last edited by exitlane on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Last edited by hellokitty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SOCRATiC

Bronze

Post by SOCRATiC » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:42 pm

hellokitty wrote:
wadeny wrote:Your GPA and URM status will basically determine where you get in (forget the softs, double major, etc), but with that LSAT, your chances don't look too good at many of these places. Unfortunately, the LSAT is much, much more important than the GPA for most schools. Why did you end up only applying to schools well above your LSAT score?
I am applying to schools well above my LSAT score because these are my dream schools. I've wanted to go to Berkeley since high school. I just can't see myself settling. So I'm taking a chance on these schools as opposed to ending up somewhere that I know I'd be unhappy. I know I can succeed at any one of these schools. I just need to get over this LSAT hurdle or do something else to boost my application if I don't get in. Honestly, I'm pretty sure that even if I do get into any of the schools I applied to, if it's not a UC I'm probably going to turn it down. If I get into a UC by miracle, I am going to work my ass off and try to transfer into Berkeley.
You'll probably gain admission to at least one of the UCs. $0.02:

You shouldn't count on your dream being realized with that LSAT score. I'm sure that a lot of TLSers would agree with me in saying that scoring in the high 150s is expotentially easier than scoring in the top 5% of your class. Take this to heart:

Only intelligent and hard-working law students score well enough to qualify for a transfer to Berkeley. But not all intelligent and hard-working law students do.

If you see yourself feeling unhappy about graduating with an inferior UC law degree, then you might want to leave law school aside as a path to be pursued in your next life, but definitely not this one.

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 am

I wouldn't give up but for Berkeley you need a high GPA and LSAT combo...URM or not. Your personal statement, recs, should be outstanding to have a shot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:24 am

Last edited by hellokitty on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

hellokitty

Bronze

Post by hellokitty » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:25 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”