Chances at UK and Louisville

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
appaws

Chances at UK and Louisville

Postby appaws » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:27 pm

I want to know my chances of admission at the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville. My wife and I have recently relocated to the area because of her career, so those are the only two schools I am applying to.

I know I am applying late. If I don't get in, I will apply again for the next year. I am taking the LSAT this coming saturday, Feb 6. My practice LSAT scores have been in the range of 160-167, average 163.

I am a non-traditional student (35yo, married) with a BA (3.56gpa), an MA in american history (3.6gpa) and have completed coursework for a PhD and passed comprehensive exams (3.756gpa), so I am ABD. I have five years of teaching experience at a large state university, a panel presentation at a major history conference, and a University Writing and Research Award. My entire PhD committee is writing me strong recommendations.

So if my LSAT ends up being roughly in the range of those practice scores, how do I look for this year? Next year?

deadpanic

Re: Chances at UK and Louisville

Postby deadpanic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:36 pm

Although I am not sure how either school views late applicants, you should be in both assuming you hit 160+.

appaws

Re: Chances at UK and Louisville

Postby appaws » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:07 am

Thanks Deadpanic, for replying and helping me chill a month ago.

I ended up with a 162 on the LSAT and got admitted to UK. Still waiting on Louisville...

Return to “What are my chances?”