What are my Chances? Thanks

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
RyShermanJ

What are my Chances? Thanks

Postby RyShermanJ » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:30 pm

I have a 2.64 in Civil Engineering from the University of Texas. My LSAT is a 162. Softs: I was the president of my Fraternity. I worked for 3 years in at an engineering firm doing project management work. I am currently a Peace Corps Volunteer. Before leaving for the PC I took 4 night MBA classes with a GPA of 3.75 to prove I was not an idiot for when I returned.

Schools:
U of Houston
DePaul
Georgia
William and Mary
GW
St. Mary's
Penn State
Texas Tech
Baylor
SMU
Cincinnati

I appreciate it. Thanks

terp200

Re: What are my Chances? Thanks

Postby terp200 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:44 pm

I hope that admissions committees take major into consideration when looking at your GPA! I figure the MBA GPA will help a little too, but even with that taken into consideration I think U Houston is the best school on your list that you have a decent shot at getting into. Georgia, WM, GW have LSAT medians higher than your score and you need a school where your LSAT score sticks out because of your GPA.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 pm

To the best of my knowledge, schools will only look at your UGPA.

RyShermanJ

Postby RyShermanJ » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Hey thanks. I actually tried to explain my bad gpa in an addendum and asked them to look at my grad grades.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:31 pm

RyShermanJ wrote:I have a 2.64 in Civil Engineering from the University of Texas. My LSAT is a 162. Softs: I was the president of my Fraternity. I worked for 3 years in at an engineering firm doing project management work. I am currently a Peace Corps Volunteer. Before leaving for the PC I took 4 night MBA classes with a GPA of 3.75 to prove I was not an idiot for when I returned.

back to school, back to school, to prove to top-law-schools that im not a fool.....

RyShermanJ

Postby RyShermanJ » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:20 pm

I am more looking what people thinking my chances are for U of Houston. Thanks

RyShermanJ

Postby RyShermanJ » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Sorry if I am being annoying but could I get y’all’s thoughts about my chances for the University of Houston? Thanks

Yellowcard

Postby Yellowcard » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:52 pm

[quote="RyShermanJ"]I have a 2.64 in Civil Engineering from the University of Texas. My LSAT is a 162. Softs: I was the president of my Fraternity. I worked for 3 years in at an engineering firm doing project management work. I am currently a Peace Corps Volunteer. Before leaving for the PC I took 4 night MBA classes with a GPA of 3.75 to prove I was not an idiot for when I returned.

Schools:
U of Houston Accept
DePaul Accept
Georgia Reject
William and Mary Reject
GW Reject
St. Mary's Accept
Penn State Accept
Texas Tech Accept
Baylor Accept
SMU Reject
Cincinnati Accept