169/3.43 Applied Jan. 31 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BlankC

New

169/3.43 Applied Jan. 31

Post by BlankC » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:33 pm

169/3.43 Applied Jan. 31 to pretty much everything except Duke (applied early Jan).

Female Mexican American. Top Liberal Arts College. Speaks Asian language and studied abroad in Asian country, but no internships and little leadership (worked through summers/schoolyear). Some volunteer work.

Do I have chances at some/any top 20?

Thanks

jks289

Silver

Re: 169/3.43 Applied Jan. 31

Post by jks289 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:34 pm

BlankC wrote:169/3.43 Applied Jan. 31 to pretty much everything except Duke (applied early Jan).

Female Mexican American. Top Liberal Arts College. Speaks Asian language and studied abroad in Asian country, but no internships and little leadership (worked through summers/schoolyear). Some volunteer work.

Thanks
Yes, you do. Mexican URM with your numbers should be fine. You'll take a minor hit for being in late but not much. Good luck.

ETA: I think you are in at multiple T14s.

BlankC

New

Post by BlankC » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:36 pm

jks289 wrote:
BlankC wrote:169/3.43 Applied Jan. 31 to pretty much everything except Duke (applied early Jan).

Thanks
Yes, you do. Mexican URM with your numbers should be fine. You'll take a minor hit for being in late but not much. Good luck.

Thanks, I feel better. I didn't realize when I started my apps that 'deadline' did not mean that you'd be okay as long as you applied before it passed. :oops:

jks289

Silver

Post by jks289 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:39 pm

BlankC wrote:
jks289 wrote:

Thanks

Thanks, I feel better. I didn't realize when I started my apps that 'deadline' did not mean that you'd be okay as long as you applied before it passed. :oops:
That is exactly what deadline means. People are crazy on this site, so it feels like you are really late. In reality half of a school's applications arrive on the last day. For a borderline candidate, being in early might make the difference. But you are solid most places, so it isn't going to make a difference. The only school it seems like it might matter is Berkeley, just because they make a big deal about it. But who knows.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”