Applications advice

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Leache

Applications advice

Postby Leache » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm

168 LSAT, 2.55 GPA, non-URM, 3 years of work experience (Microsoft) post college.

With my terrible undergrad GPA, the top schools I applied to were Washington U and the midwestern state schools (Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana). I assumed these would be reach schools for me, but I've started receiving offers from them. I like the Midwest and would be very happy going to any of the above schools, but I can't help but wonder if I cast a wide enough net with my applications.

My question is this: would it be worthwhile to throw a couple of hail-marys and apply to some other schools closer to T-14 that have March application deadlines? Or with my numbers would I just be wasting time/money? Law School Predictor doesn't get me much of a chance at any of these schools, but then again it pegged me as <5% at Minnesota.

Thanks in advance,

-Evan
Last edited by Leache on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bissey

Re: Applications advice

Postby bissey » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:19 pm

You were accepted at Minnesota?

I wouldn't bother with T14.

Leache

Postby Leache » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Yep, I got the call from Minnesota on Friday. I was very surprised as they were among the top schools I applied to, and I'd been waitlisted by Miami the day before. Thanks for confirming my suspicions about other schools in the top 20...I had assumed that they were out of reach, but the offer from Minnesota threw me off a bit.

From your LSN profile it looks like we applied to many of the same schools this cycle. What's your top choice? Perhaps we'll be classmates next fall.

bissey

Postby bissey » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Return to “What are my chances?”