Applying in early February

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jennyk

Applying in early February

Postby jennyk » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:10 am

Hi! I was wondering if it's worth applying to law school for a fall term in February. It seems really late in the game because so many other prospective students started and finished applying in the fall. any opinions? thanks!

vanwinkle

Re: Applying in early February

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:12 am

You're at a disadvantage applying this late, because a lot of schools do rolling admissions and have already given away most of their seats. There are a lot of applications waiting and few seats left to give, so it could be harder to find a school that wants you and actually has a seat to give you.

That said, if you know where you want to go and what you want to do, and your numbers are good for that school (or range of schools), you're certainly free to apply this late and see what happens. Worst case scenario, you just wait and apply again in the fall, and that way you'll be early next time.

Shazam21

Postby Shazam21 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:53 am

Depends on what caliber of school you are applying to, and how good your numbers are. If you are applying to the T-14, obviously your chances are diminished significantly. If you are applying to a T3/T4 ranked school, it won't hurt you very much.

goblue1646

Postby goblue1646 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:56 am

Is that true for this year though? I mean, Cornell especially got bombed with applications...I was thinking that this year they'd maybe hold off a lot of decisions until later, just because they can't get through the number of applications as much as because they want to see how people compare to each other?

Return to “What are my chances?”