Classmate FORGED letters of rec... What do I do?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
amus

Classmate FORGED letters of rec... What do I do?

Postby amus » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:54 pm

There is girl in many of my classes and this last semester, we've gotten fairly close. I wouldn't say we're best friends or anything, but we've hung out a couple of times outside class... mainly to discuss papers we're working on or to share class notes.

Anyways, the other day we were both talking about grad school applications and the topic of letters of recommendation came up. I casually asked her who she asked and her response was "I actually didn't ask anyone... promise not to say anything?... I just made up my own letters of recommendation and signed the envelope with my professor's name... I mean, it's not like they'll know the difference and if I don't get into grad school I don't know what I'll do with my life..."

At this point my jaw was literally down to the floor in disbelief!!! I couldn't believe what she had told me!!! I've worked VERY hard to form some form of a relationship with my professors this semester and I can't believe that she would do something so... crazy! So now what? We're applying to some of the same schools and I feel like I have an obligation to say something, but I don't want to seem like a "tattletale" to the universities I'm applying to... but the injustice of it all makes me want to scream! Is it likely that she'll just get caught?

Ahhh I'm so annoyed at the nerve of this girl, but I don't know what I should or shouldn't do...suggest:www.sosonike.com

Jay-Electronica

Re: Classmate FORGED letters of rec... What do I do?

Postby Jay-Electronica » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:56 pm

Why do link that site in every post?

Flame?

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:58 pm

If you're real... they could very well find out. It's pretty difficult to write two or three LORs and a personal statement all in different styles. But then again, they don't read them that closely.

lawschoolstudent85

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Coach your own team.

lightbulb1986

Postby lightbulb1986 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:01 pm

worry about your own skin.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:04 pm

I can't believe that four of you responded to a spam post.

lightbulb1986

Postby lightbulb1986 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:06 pm

Renzo wrote:I can't believe that four of you responded to a spam post.

better make that five...

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:07 pm

amus wrote:There is girl in many of my classes and this last semester, we've gotten fairly close. I wouldn't say we're best friends or anything, but we've hung out a couple of times outside class... mainly to discuss papers we're working on or to share class notes.

Anyways, the other day we were both talking about grad school applications and the topic of letters of recommendation came up. I casually asked her who she asked and her response was "I actually didn't ask anyone... promise not to say anything?... I just made up my own letters of recommendation and signed the envelope with my professor's name... I mean, it's not like they'll know the difference and if I don't get into grad school I don't know what I'll do with my life..."

At this point my jaw was literally down to the floor in disbelief!!! I couldn't believe what she had told me!!! I've worked VERY hard to form some form of a relationship with my professors this semester and I can't believe that she would do something so... crazy! So now what? We're applying to some of the same schools and I feel like I have an obligation to say something, but I don't want to seem like a "tattletale" to the universities I'm applying to... but the injustice of it all makes me want to scream! Is it likely that she'll just get caught?

Ahhh I'm so annoyed at the nerve of this girl, but I don't know what I should or shouldn't do...suggest:www.sosonike.com

tl;dr + flame. banzor cometh.

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:09 pm

get on with life. Your in law school. WTF do you care about letters of recs that happened last year?
Who gives a damn?
Grow up.

BTW- I think this is a flame.

pleasetryagain

Postby pleasetryagain » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:10 pm

your jaw was not literally on the floor. that would be gross.

Anonymous Loser

Postby Anonymous Loser » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Are you people new to the internet or something? You are replying to a 23 year old girl in China who has no intention of attending law school, but is instead trying to up traffic to a website that markets pirated Air Jordans.

Soso International Trading Co., Ltd is a trading group frame manufacturing factory in China,which is one of the best equipped frame products factories in Mainland China.Our products are in high precision and good quality.

Our products can meet the requirement of international standards together with our professional service. Currently, our products are mainly exported to overseas markets in Europe, the USA, South America, and so on.

Our products are popular all over the world with TOP quality,competitive price and efficient service.
We offer grade a quality product only. Our products are TOP quality with original box.
"Quality first, customers forever" is our consistent tenet. Besides rapid shipment after the receipt of orders, we can assure you of excellent quality products and the best service.

Furthermore, we offer you the most competitive price to open your markets. Please email us to get details. we can delivery within 24 hours upon receiving your payment. It is very safe door-to-door service never gets problems with customers.

Please feel free to contact us,We are looking forward to establishing long-term business relationship with you based on mutual benefit.

Jay-Electronica

Postby Jay-Electronica » Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:13 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:Are you people new to the internet or something? You are replying to a 23 year old girl in China who has no intention of attending law school, but is instead trying to up traffic to a website that markets pirated Air Jordans.

Soso International Trading Co., Ltd is a trading group frame manufacturing factory in China,which is one of the best equipped frame products factories in Mainland China.Our products are in high precision and good quality.

Our products can meet the requirement of international standards together with our professional service. Currently, our products are mainly exported to overseas markets in Europe, the USA, South America, and so on.

Our products are popular all over the world with TOP quality,competitive price and efficient service.
We offer grade a quality product only. Our products are TOP quality with original box.
"Quality first, customers forever" is our consistent tenet. Besides rapid shipment after the receipt of orders, we can assure you of excellent quality products and the best service.

Furthermore, we offer you the most competitive price to open your markets. Please email us to get details. we can delivery within 24 hours upon receiving your payment. It is very safe door-to-door service never gets problems with customers.

Please feel free to contact us,We are looking forward to establishing long-term business relationship with you based on mutual benefit.

well damn...

monkeyboy

Postby monkeyboy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:Are you people new to the internet or something? You are replying to a 23 year old girl in China who has no intention of attending law school, but is instead trying to up traffic to a website that markets pirated Air Jordans.

Don't buy the pirated Jordans. I bought some Pumas from China once thinking that they were the real deal. One vendor sent me cheap knock offs. The other just took my money. I vowed revenge or something. I forgot all about these incidents until I read this post. I'll have to get around to that "revenge for stolen Puma money thing" eventually.

Oh well, back to message board banter.

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Postby MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:46 pm

DCD wrote:your jaw was not literally on the floor. that would be gross.
:lol: :lol: You beat me to it.

As far as spammers go, at least this one is mildly entertaining. But someone please save us with the banhammer.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:48 pm

lightbulb1986 wrote:
Renzo wrote:I can't believe that four of you responded to a spam post.

better make that five...

I can't believe that there were at least two more serious/semi-serious responses after the above exchange.

Return to “What are my chances?”