160/3.47; 3yrs. WE in Gov./Politics

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ls2011

160/3.47; 3yrs. WE in Gov./Politics

Postby ls2011 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:43 pm

I know my numbers aren't amazing. I'm not a URM. Kind of just wondering how much my WE and LOR's will help me out. I'm 3 years out of UG and I'm a staffer for a US Congressman. I'm hoping a LOR from a Congressman will have a bit of weight (at least at the schools in and around their district where they are well known). I have worked closely with them for the past 3 years so this is an actual LOR, not just some favor. My WE is going to be my strength and probably the topic of my personal statement. Anyone care to guess/have a clue?

Some thoughts: Cardozo FT/PT, Brooklyn FT/PT, Cornell, Fordham FT/PT, Georgetown PT, William and Mary, GW, American...

scribelaw

Re: 160/3.47; 3yrs. WE in Gov./Politics

Postby scribelaw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 pm

You might want to check out the Web sites, law school predictor and law school numbers. They'll give you the best gauge of your chances.

With your numbers, you might have a chance at Brooklyn and American, but you should seriously consider whether these law schools are worth the debt you'd have to take on, especially since it sounds like you have a job.

With a 160 LSAT, you will not get into Cornell, Fordham, Georgetown, W&M or GW. If you want schools of that caliber, you need to retake the LSAT and go for a higher score to offset your lowish GPA. You'd need at least a 170 for Georgetown, for example.

Good luck...Your WE will work in your favor, but you need to have stronger numbers for T30-type schools.

ls2011

Re: 160/3.47; 3yrs. WE in Gov./Politics

Postby ls2011 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 pm

I am considering PT programs too. My numbers seem a bit more comparable to some of the PT programs. Anyone out there w/ similar experience that could shine a bit of light on this?

Return to “What are my chances?”