3.95/166

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jonnodotsg
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:37 pm

3.95/166

Postby jonnodotsg » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:31 pm

.
Last edited by jonnodotsg on Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: 3.95/166

Postby scribelaw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 pm

If you want the T-14, you're going to have to ED to Virginia or hope for Cornell -- those are by far your two best shots. Maybe Michigan. Out everywhere else.

You'll get in, with $$, at a lot of T20, T30 type schools.

Neelio
Posts: 530
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Re: 3.95/166

Postby Neelio » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:37 pm

jonnodotsg wrote:Hi, I'm an international student majoring in communication at the University at Buffalo (SUNY UB). Admittedly, it's not exactly a spectacular school nor an impressive major, so those might come back to haunt me. I took the LSAT for the first time in 12/09, and came back with a 166. I know my GPA is pretty good, but my LSAT score bugs me the Hell out 'cos it's such a toss-up at the better schools. I was hoping to get some opinions on how I'd fare for the following schools that I'm applying to. Thanks in advance. :)

Yale - out
Harvard - out
Stanford - out
Columbia - out
NYU - out
Berkeley - possible in (are your softs good? URM?)
Chicago - out
Pennylvania - out
Michigan - out/possible WL?
Duke - out
Northwestern - out
Virginia - if you had applied ED maybe
Cornell - ?
Georgetown - out
UCLA - WL
Southern California - WL/in
Boston U - in
Williams & Mary - in


Just my opinion... check out a law school predictor for better advice.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: 3.95/166

Postby BenJ » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:39 pm

Yale - Out
Harvard - Out
Stanford - Out
Columbia - Out
NYU - Out
Berkeley - WL
Chicago - Out
Pennylvania - WL
Michigan - WL
Duke - WL
Northwestern - Out
Virginia - WL/In, In if ED
Cornell - In
Georgetown - In
UCLA - In
Southern California - In
Boston U - In
Williams & Mary - In

OTOH, it's late. When did you submit apps?
Last edited by BenJ on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 3.95/166

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:42 pm

scribelaw wrote:If you want the T-14, you're going to have to ED to Virginia or hope for Cornell -- those are by far your two best shots. Maybe Michigan. Out everywhere else.

You'll get in, with $$, at a lot of T20, T30 type schools.


Northwestern with work experience is a reach, but not unheard of.

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: 3.95/166

Postby scribelaw » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:43 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
scribelaw wrote:If you want the T-14, you're going to have to ED to Virginia or hope for Cornell -- those are by far your two best shots. Maybe Michigan. Out everywhere else.

You'll get in, with $$, at a lot of T20, T30 type schools.


Northwestern with work experience is a reach, but not unheard of.


Yeah, but OP indicated that he's currently in UG, which makes him a ding at Northwestern.

showNprove
Posts: 968
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:52 pm

Re: 3.95/166

Postby showNprove » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:44 pm

If you want to go to a T10 school, your best bet is Virginia ED. If you don't apply to ED, Cornell will probably be the only T14 school you get into, and that's only if you apply early or have good softs. The T5 schools are a waste of application money, and chances at Chicago and Berkeley are very slim.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 3.95/166

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:44 pm

scribelaw wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
scribelaw wrote:If you want the T-14, you're going to have to ED to Virginia or hope for Cornell -- those are by far your two best shots. Maybe Michigan. Out everywhere else.

You'll get in, with $$, at a lot of T20, T30 type schools.


Northwestern with work experience is a reach, but not unheard of.


Yeah, but OP indicated that he's currently in UG, which makes him a ding at Northwestern.


RC fail on my part. Yep, autoding at Northwestern.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: 3.95/166

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:45 pm

I'd ED to UVa today.

User avatar
HJO
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: 3.95/166

Postby HJO » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Desert Fox wrote:I'd ED to UVa today.


TITCR

jonnodotsg
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: 3.95/166

Postby jonnodotsg » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 pm

.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chargers21, echonov and 2 guests