3.3/168 Ivy Athlete

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BrownBears09

3.3/168 Ivy Athlete

Postby BrownBears09 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:45 am

Economics major. Ivy League graduate and All-Ivy Athlete. Good LORs. Currently interning, and will be taking a Teaching position at a public school shortly.

Looking to practice in the New England area, NY, etc.
What are my chances at:

Fordham (Early Decision)
Boston College
UConn
Villanova
Penn (extreme reach, I know)
Boston University
Brooklyn
Rutgers-Camden

Applying for the 2011 cycle, so this is a preliminary list. Any helpful suggestions and criticisms are encouraged! Thanks!

UFMatt

Re: 3.3/168 Ivy Athlete

Postby UFMatt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:56 am

BrownBears09 wrote:Fordham (Early Decision) IN
Boston College WL/IN
UConn IN
Villanova IN
Penn (extreme reach, I know) WL/reject
Boston University WL/IN
Brooklyn IN
Rutgers-Camden IN

Our numbers are extremely similar, and I got into both BU and BC. You should be good for schools ranked 20 and up. T14 will be tough. If NY is your thing, Cardozo should throw money at you. Good luck!

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:03 pm

BrownBears09 wrote:Economics major. Ivy League graduate and All-Ivy Athlete. Good LORs. Currently interning, and will be taking a Teaching position at a public school shortly.

What are my chances at:

Fordham (Early Decision)
Boston College
UConn
Villanova
Boston University
Brooklyn
Rutgers-Camden

Applying for the 2011 cycle, so this is a preliminary list. Any helpful suggestions and criticisms are encouraged! Thanks!

Well obviously you went to Brown per your username. You'd probably love sticking around the region by going to UConn, which would also, incidentally, probably throw serious scholarship money your way due to your LSAT. Aside from that I think you'd get in everywhere besides Penn. Uconn free (or close to it) wouldn't be so bad, I think.

JAP1985

Postby JAP1985 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Any chance of retaking the LSAT? A 170+ could put you in a good position for the T14.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:07 pm

BrownBears09 wrote:Economics major. Ivy League graduate and All-Ivy Athlete. Good LORs. Currently interning, and will be taking a Teaching position at a public school shortly.

What are my chances at:

Fordham (Early Decision)
Boston College
UConn
Villanova
Boston University
Brooklyn
Rutgers-Camden

By the way, since you're applying next year, why don't you take another crack at the LSAT to see if you could crack 170? I tend to think anyone who could score 168 could, with more prep/practice, break into the 170's. It would give you more options.

Return to “What are my chances?”