2.76/162

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
laur
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 am

2.76/162

Postby laur » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:16 am

I've checked most of the predictor websites but my academic situation is different from most so if anyone has any advice please let me know! I'm receiving a dual degree, BS Chemistry and BA Political Science, interned at a law firm for two summers, interned at two chemistry labs for almost 5 years, member of a sorority, chief justice of panhel, tutored in an elementary school for two years, plus tons of other community service and other activities. Although my cumulative GPA is low my political science GPA is a 3.6 and wrote an addendum about my poor performance in Chemistry. Do I have any chances at a T50-75 or higher ranked? My LOR's should be strong and my I have an upward trend in my GPA (over 3.0 the past two years according to LSAC)

Also, my university has an intersession and I'm taking 2 classes/6 credits (I should be receiving a's in both). Grades will be posted by Feb 6; should I wait to submit my apps so those grades can be counted? My GPA should round out to a 2.8 but not sure if it is worth the wait.

Thanks!

umichgrad
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

Re: 2.76/162

Postby umichgrad » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Honestly, you should wait until next cycle, and re-take if you can. At this point it's already late to be applying, and yes you do need to wait to get those grades in, so by early Feb it will be super late. Your softs are fine but not impressive enough to surpass a sub-3.0 gpa. sorry :(

where are you applying?

am060459
Posts: 609
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:14 am

Re: 2.76/162

Postby am060459 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:11 pm

umichgrad wrote:Honestly, you should wait until next cycle, and re-take if you can. At this point it's already late to be applying, and yes you do need to wait to get those grades in, so by early Feb it will be super late. Your softs are fine but not impressive enough to surpass a sub-3.0 gpa. sorry :(

where are you applying?


i agree on the retake and apply early next cycle. if you get a 165 in June you can ED at Indiana - Bloomington.

however if you dont decide to retake i still recommed you apply early next cycle and ED at Indiana - Bloomington.

edit: with a 162 and 2.76 i think it would be the wrong decision to settle for T50-T75 without giving T30-T49 a chance. good luck.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 3 guests