3.49/156 Korean

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
secretasianman

3.49/156 Korean

Postby secretasianman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Hello, I made one of these threads yesterday but didn't really get what I was looking for. Heres some extra info about me... I'm a Korean-American and dont have many softs under my belt besides a few volunteer experiences at a non-prof law firm. Here's a list of schools that I've applied to and the % chance lawschoopredictor says I have. I understand what the percentages mean but just wanted another perspective on whether I should include more safeties and mainly whether or not I have a decent shot at getting into a few of these schools with the percentages the predictor says I have. I understand that I probably SHOULD include more safeties but my safeties would mean T3/T4 schools that I really have no interest in attending even if I get in. Thanks!

Temple University: 32%
Seattle University: 50%
Santa Clara University: 45%
University of San Diego: 38%
Penn State University: 44%
University of North Carolina: 28%
University of Connecticut: 40%
University of Miami: 46%
Loyola Marymount LA: 32%
University of Florida: 34%
Arizona State University: 30%

dutchstriker

Re: 3.49/156 Korean

Postby dutchstriker » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:31 pm

A little statistics shows me that you have a 99.24% chance of making it into at least one of those schools.

Of course, that depends on those numbers being accurate. If they are, I wouldn't really worry about adding too many more safeties. But it's up to you to decide how strong the rest of your application is compared to the numbers.

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:33 pm

dutchstriker wrote:A little statistics shows me that you have a 99.24% chance of making it into at least one of those schools.

Of course, that depends on those numbers being accurate. If they are, I wouldn't really worry about adding too many more safeties. But it's up to you to decide how strong the rest of your application is compared to the numbers.

Well thats nice to hear. thanks! I've been told that my personal statement is very strong so hopefully that helps.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:36 pm

secretasianman wrote:
dutchstriker wrote:A little statistics shows me that you have a 99.24% chance of making it into at least one of those schools.

Well thats nice to hear. thanks! I've been told that my personal statement is very strong so hopefully that helps.

Well, good. You really shouldn't apply to schools you wouldn't go to anyway.

BigFatPanda

Postby BigFatPanda » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Are u an engineering major?

Just be on the safe side, apply to part time program of these schools as well. Better to get your foot in the door than not at all.

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:53 pm

BigFatPanda wrote:Are u an engineering major?

Just be on the safe side, apply to part time program of these schools as well. Better to get your foot in the door than not at all.

I'm actually a political science major. Ahh, I already applied and did not even mark the part time option :(

Could you guys or someone give me a rough in/out prediction? This has all been helpful though, thanks!

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:01 pm

bump

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:22 pm

secretasianman wrote:

I'm actually a political science major. Ahh, I already applied and did not even mark the part time option :(

Could you guys or someone give me a rough in/out prediction? This has all been helpful though, thanks!

I don't know anything about any of those schools, so I really couldn't say. All I can say is that if you trust the numbers from LSP, then you're in good shape.

Let's, for the sake of argument, pretend like you actually have only a 25% chance at any of those schools (lower than what LSP says for each one). In that case, you still have a 95.78% chance of getting into at least one.

Basically, as long as you don't screw something up on your apps or whatever, I'd be surprised if you didn't get in to at least one. But look on lawschoolnumbers.com to see how candidates with your numbers have done.

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:41 pm

dutchstriker wrote:
secretasianman wrote:

I don't know anything about any of those schools, so I really couldn't say. All I can say is that if you trust the numbers from LSP, then you're in good shape.

Let's, for the sake of argument, pretend like you actually have only a 25% chance at any of those schools (lower than what LSP says for each one). In that case, you still have a 95.78% chance of getting into at least one.

Basically, as long as you don't screw something up on your apps or whatever, I'd be surprised if you didn't get in to at least one. But look on lawschoolnumbers.com to see how candidates with your numbers have done.

k, i'll take a look at lsn. thanks!

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:47 am

anyone else have any rough in/out estimates? thanks

OperaSoprano

Postby OperaSoprano » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:55 am

Law School Predictor is accurate. YCRevolution knows what he is doing.

I wish you the best of luck!

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:04 am

OperaSoprano wrote:Law School Predictor is accurate. YCRevolution knows what he is doing.

I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks! I trust LSP, but I just wanted to hear what others thought

doinmybest

Postby doinmybest » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:56 pm

You'll ride a lot of wait lists. Get ready to write some good LOCIs. Good writing is going to save your ass in your PS and in some LOCIs.

secretasianman

Postby secretasianman » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:56 pm

doinmybest wrote:You'll ride a lot of wait lists. Get ready to write some good LOCIs. Good writing is going to save your ass in your PS and in some LOCIs.

i'm sorry but what is an LOCI? thanks for the response btw

edit: nvm i found it... letter of continued interest

Return to “What are my chances?”