169/2.7

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
skamike

169/2.7

Postby skamike » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:24 pm

A splitter, obviously. My GPA is an approximate. I go to school in Canada, and my school doesn't provide a cGPA

I bombed the first semester of school because of a combination of lack of motivation, and a disillusionment with my ill-suited program. Changed the program, reevaluated my work ethic and skill, and did well after that. eliminating my first semester grades, I'll have a GPA of 3.0

I'm also in my second semester of a Master's Program. First semester gave me an A- average (3.67?)

School I am applying to are:

University of Arizona
University of Maine
Lewis and Clack
Seattle
UCONN
Chicago-Kent
Wisconsin
American

My question is, aside from what the law school calculators say, do I really have a legit shot at these schools? Can my LSAT get me into a better school, or is my GPA too crippling. Coming from Canada, I'm not as immersed in American law school discussions, so my assumptions about acceptance are minimal.

Re: 169/2.7

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:25 pm

skamike wrote:A splitter, obviously. My GPA is an approximate. I go to school in Canada, and my school doesn't provide a cGPA

I bombed the first semester of school because of a combination of lack of motivation, and a disillusionment with my ill-suited program. Changed the program, reevaluated my work ethic and skill, and did well after that. eliminating my first semester grades, I'll have a GPA of 3.0

I'm also in my second semester of a Master's Program. First semester gave me an A- average (3.67?)

School I am applying to are:

University of Arizona
University of Maine
Lewis and Clack
Seattle
UCONN
Chicago-Kent
Wisconsin
American

My question is, aside from what the law school calculators say, do I really have a legit shot at these schools? Can my LSAT get me into a better school, or is my GPA too crippling. Coming from Canada, I'm not as immersed in American law school discussions, so my assumptions about acceptance are minimal.

Why are you applying to Wisconsin and ChiKent, and not Indiana, Illinois and Washington University in St Louis?

PoliticalJunkie

Postby PoliticalJunkie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:27 pm

You'll have a shot at WashU, Slim, but a shot (btr if you got a 170+)

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:29 pm

Wash U, Illinois, Minnesota, Wash&Lee, Indiana, George Mason

Everyone of those schools is splitter friendly, and either has a free application or will almost certainly grant you a fee waiver if you e-mail admissions and request one.

GO!

skamike

Postby skamike » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:36 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Why are you applying to Wisconsin and ChiKent, and not Indiana, Illinois and Washington University in St Louis?

ChiKent for their IP (which is what I want to study).

Thanks so far for the advice people. I've been pretty hesitant to apply to higher rated schools because my funds are limited, and I don't want to waste unnecessarily. I thought my GPA would hinder me.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 pm

skamike wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

ChiKent for their IP (which is what I want to study).

Thanks so far for the advice people. I've been pretty hesitant to apply to higher rated schools because my funds are limited, and I don't want to waste unnecessarily

Illinois is free for everyone this year.

skamike

Postby skamike » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Then Illinois shall hear from me :D

Return to “What are my chances?”