UVA ED

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dk8

Re: UVA ED

Postby dk8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:25 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
dk8 wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:Yeah but I was WLed from an ED agreement. Does that mean I will be put into the RD pool and evaluated in the next month or so and find out my decision by march or april? Or does that mean I'm on the long ass typical waitlist and if I hear anything, it prolly won't be until late in the summer?

Last year, I was on UVA's waitlist. I was instate with a 3.5/167. I retook in June and got a 171. They didn't release me until mid-August. This cycle I applied ED with the same application and was WL'ed again. 3.5/171 in-state is pretty solid for ED so obviously they didn't like something about my app, yet they still WL'ed me. I just think they want to be nice and not reject some people for whatever reason.

Dude you must have done something really bad or be really boring, what gives?

I know man. Had a disciplinary prob 8 years ago, but other than that no badness. I think it might have been a combo of Dugas hating my PS and hating my UG. In VA, UVA grads look down on my undergrad lol.

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 pm

dk8 wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:
dk8 wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:Yeah but I was WLed from an ED agreement. Does that mean I will be put into the RD pool and evaluated in the next month or so and find out my decision by march or april? Or does that mean I'm on the long ass typical waitlist and if I hear anything, it prolly won't be until late in the summer?

Last year, I was on UVA's waitlist. I was instate with a 3.5/167. I retook in June and got a 171. They didn't release me until mid-August. This cycle I applied ED with the same application and was WL'ed again. 3.5/171 in-state is pretty solid for ED so obviously they didn't like something about my app, yet they still WL'ed me. I just think they want to be nice and not reject some people for whatever reason.

Dude you must have done something really bad or be really boring, what gives?

I know man. Had a disciplinary prob 8 years ago, but other than that no badness. I think it might have been a combo of Dugas hating my PS and hating my UG. In VA, UVA grads look down on my undergrad lol.

:(

dk8

Postby dk8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 pm

no tears for me man, they can't hold me down no matter how shitty my ug was.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:35 am

im_blue wrote:

WL means WL. When you say "put into the RD pool" you're talking about deferred.

Thank you for your commitment to Virginia Law that you have shown by applying as an early decision candidate. We have carefully reviewed your application. We have decided that we cannot offer you admission at this time and are placing you on our waiting list.

As an early decision candidate, this means you are released from your early decision agreement. Early decision applicants who are waitlisted will be evaluated against all applicants who apply during the regular season.

That last sentence makes me thin I'll hear back in like 2 or 3 months(when the other RD applicants hear back). Also, my status checker says: pending final decision.

Return to “What are my chances?”