Pick a reach for me

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
smartin

Bronze

Pick a reach for me

Postby smartin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:53 pm

After 4 months on TLS (mostly lurking), I've learned a lot from you guys and I am much better at recognizing what to take with a grain of salt and what's unequivocally true.

I've applied to a few safeties, a few moderate reaches, and a few in between -- all T2. I could be happy at any of them.

But, since I'm only applying to law school once I feel like I should pick a crazy reach as well.

Stats: 161; 3.24; solid softs; strong recommendations; 3 years work experience; live in DC, so OOS everywhere; because of my UG some would call me a "costal elitist" and I really don't see myself moving to the mid-west or deep south.

Eruannon

Bronze

Re: Pick a reach for me

Postby Eruannon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:07 pm

UConn, it is #52, very affordable even for OOS. You might even be able to apply for in state after a year. Not sure how that works though. Not really a reach though. I was going to say Illinois but they like splitters rather than a little low on both GPA and LSAT, and its in the midwest. You could probably get a nice scholarship from DePaul, but again, midwest.

umichgrad

Bronze

Postby umichgrad » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Cardozo, if you like New York and don't desperately want biglaw. Maryland if you can stand Baltimore, and Wisconsin for a real stretch. Madison is awesome and the school places pretty well for its ranking.

LawandOrder

Silver

Postby LawandOrder » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:34 pm

Around.

jonas586

New

Postby jonas586 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:10 pm

smartin wrote:After 4 months on TLS (mostly lurking).

I say go for William and Mary if you haven't already applied there.

smartin

Bronze

Postby smartin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.

@Eruannon, for this crazy-reach I'm thinking higher than #52, since a reach of mine is already Florida at #51. I haven't looked into DePaul...

@umichgrad, I don't want big law, but I don't like NYC too much either. I can't see myself getting through a Wisconsin winter -- you should see the amount of layers I wear outside in a D.C. March. I can stand B-more, most definitely. So maybe I'll able to UMD (though I know they just admitted a grad from my school, in my major/year and, most likely, with better stats).

@LawandOrder, dontcha wanna have fun and pick one or two?

@jonas586, hey, at least I was logged in while I was lurking and not just a guest. That counts for something, right? W&M sent me a fee waiver so I guess there's no reason not to apply.

BriaTharen

Silver

Postby BriaTharen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Where have you already applied?

Return to “What are my chances??