How much will applying late hurt me?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
MH2013

How much will applying late hurt me?

Postby MH2013 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:33 am

Good morning!
I’m a long time lurker, first time poster, hope I’m doing this right.
So I have been checking law school numbers, law school predictor, etc and reading TLS like crazy to try to get an idea of my chances, but I know I’m applying late (sent out my apps yesterday) and would love/really appreciate any opinions on the outcome of my cycle (especially at Penn, Michigan, Duke, and UVA) or where/if I could get money considering my relatively late apps.

Here are my stats:
171 LSAT
3.73 from top public university
Still in undergrad
Decent softs but nothing super unique

And here are my schools:
Columbia
NYU

Penn
Michigan
Duke (PT)
UVA

Georgetown
UCLA
Vanderbilt
Emory
Minnesota

GW
Washington and Lee
Wake Forest

Seriously, thanks so much!

Eruannon

Re: How much will applying late hurt me?

Postby Eruannon » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:27 pm

UVA still has a binding early decision option. You could do this if you don't mind getting locked in there.

EDIT: After checking LSP I wouldn't do that. You are a strong candidate at a lot of these schools, they aren't stupid enough to not admit you because you are a little late. I've heard the competition gets a little stiffer, especially for borderline candidates.

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:02 pm

MH2013

Postby MH2013 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:31 pm

Thanks so much! I think I’m competitive at Penn, Michigan, Duke, and UVA but by no means definitely in, so it’s really reassuring to hear that while I didn’t help myself by applying late I didn’t completely screw myself either (I’ve been freaking myself out that I did). And thanks for mentioning UVA ED, I knew that they extended the deadline, but I didn’t even think about taking advantage of it. I’m definitely going to keep that in mind though, especially depending on how things go with Duke.

Return to “What are my chances?”