170/2.4 Nontrad Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mhernton

Bronze

Re: 170/2.4 Nontrad

Post by mhernton » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:31 am

You never said how old you are. The older you are, the more non-traditional you are, the further away from traditional review of numbers you get. You may get in to a T10 on the strength of your LSAT alone if you apply early next cycle and bullet proof you application. I know that I've been out of undergrad since 2001, and got into a T30 with a 2.2GPA. I wrote great addendums, and had good reasons for my GPA, but just the same it was a 2.2. So you never know. Good Luck

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:32 am

Aeroplane wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:I know at least one sub 3.0 did get in to PT last year, off the waitlist. Good point, people in this thread should consider that.

Though I'm not sure how PT programs will be treated now that they are included in the USNWR rankings.
The latter is also a good point. Esp since I've heard some school have been cutting the size of PT programs as a response.
I think at the very least the days of the PT program being a really easy back door is over. But OP is above one of the medians, and below the other. OP affects their numbers the same as a 169/3.65. So the question becomes, will they let someone that far under 3 into their PT, even if its good for their numbers?

OP might want to consider applying ED to Gtown if they allow that for pt. They've already extended the ED deadline to March1.

Great Expectations

New

Post by Great Expectations » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:37 pm

mhernton wrote:You never said how old you are. The older you are, the more non-traditional you are, the further away from traditional review of numbers you get. You may get in to a T10 on the strength of your LSAT alone if you apply early next cycle and bullet proof you application. I know that I've been out of undergrad since 2001, and got into a T30 with a 2.2GPA. I wrote great addendums, and had good reasons for my GPA, but just the same it was a 2.2. So you never know. Good Luck
I'm 33. My UG took a long time to complete with time off between studies.

Thirteen

Diamond

Post by Thirteen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:12 pm

Desert Fox wrote: I think at the very least the days of the PT program being a really easy back door is over. But OP is above one of the medians, and below the other. OP affects their numbers the same as a 169/3.65. So the question becomes, will they let someone that far under 3 into their PT, even if its good for their numbers?

OP might want to consider applying ED to Gtown if they allow that for pt. They've already extended the ED deadline to March1.
They allow it. I applied ED a few weeks ago, and checked the option to be considered for PT and FT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”