fee waiver from columbia ... do they look at transcripts?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
kblueboi

fee waiver from columbia ... do they look at transcripts?

Postby kblueboi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:04 pm

i had no intention of applying to columbia law school ... yes THE columbia law school ... not the one in alabama ... yes i made sure of it ...
my lsat was 169 and even if had a 3.6 gpa i wouldn't float an application their way, much less the 2.461 that i currently sport.
so, why are they messing with my emotions? lol

they must not have looked at my transcript right?

yeast master

Re: fee waiver from columbia ... do they look at transcripts?

Postby yeast master » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm

In the email I just got it stated that the waiver was sent based on LSAT alone.

kblueboi

Postby kblueboi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:10 pm

ahh i see that now ... should have read the email through ... this is probably why i did poorly in school ... they should consider other criteria ... now they are going to get an application from me ... haha

amg0996

Postby amg0996 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Breath........and apply...I got on also and never even sent in my transcripts, it's just LSAT.

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:26 pm

I got one last year and applied, my gpa is as bad as yours, lsat a little lower, I'm a URM, so I thought, "hey maybe I have a shot." Hell no, they rejected me so quick. They just look at lsat and send waivers out to everybody who based on lsat w/o regard to gpa could have a shot even if its a slim one. They do it to boost their number of applicants. It helps the rankings and stuff and they do it so they can say stuff like we're the most applied to law school in the U.S. and stuff.

Dont' hold your breath.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:28 pm

I hope they send one my way. :evil:

kblueboi

Postby kblueboi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:46 pm

lol ... the only thing this has provided me is an amusing tale to relate to my friends ... hope? absolutely not ... on the other ... my coworker just told me he got into upenn with a 161 ... he's indian - does that count as URM? he must have had a kick-ass gpa and p.s. he applied to fordham early decision, but was deferred to the regular application pool ... but somehow he got into upenn ... i'm very happy for him, but a little jealous ...

Joga Bonito

Postby Joga Bonito » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:50 pm

kblueboi wrote:lol ... the only thing this has provided me is an amusing tale to relate to my friends ... hope? absolutely not ... on the other ... my coworker just told me he got into upenn with a 161 ... he's indian - does that count as URM? he must have had a kick-ass gpa and p.s. he applied to fordham early decision, but was deferred to the regular application pool ... but somehow he got into upenn ... i'm very happy for him, but a little jealous ...

Really, dang I need to apply to upenn, seriously. When you say Indian do you mean Native American or Indian(as in India), if you mean Native American then he probably had a good gpa and its more understandble, if he's Indian then I'm shocked because I didn't think they were considered URM's. Either way, I would assume he had a great gpa and something else going for him.

kblueboi

Postby kblueboi » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:35 am

he is from the country of india.

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:14 pm

Damn, I didn't know Columbia did merit-based fee waivers. When did they send those out? I just applied last week...seems like I should have waited a week.

monkeygirl

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm

kblueboi wrote:lol ... the only thing this has provided me is an amusing tale to relate to my friends ... hope? absolutely not ... on the other ... my coworker just told me he got into upenn with a 161 ... he's indian - does that count as URM? he must have had a kick-ass gpa and p.s. he applied to fordham early decision, but was deferred to the regular application pool ... but somehow he got into upenn ... i'm very happy for him, but a little jealous ...

Damn. I got dinged by Penn w/a 166 but into Fordham with $$$. Who knows at this point?

Return to “What are my chances?”