Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Postby jerichogringo » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 am

These are the schools I have applied to. What are my chances? Anybody gonna give me $$$?
Thanks for your help. I am freakin' out!!!

U Texas
IU - Bloomington
Notre Dame
U of Illinois
Ohio State
Will & Mary
Wash & Lee
Last edited by jerichogringo on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: HELP!!! 2.93 and 174

Postby asfasdagdsfawe » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:05 am

Interesting situation. What do you say in your addendum?

Re: HELP!!! 2.93 and 174

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:32 am

Being that strong a splitter sucks. I know someone who got into Northwestern with a below-3.0 GPA and an above-170 LSAT, but they applied ED.

You're probably out at the likes of Harvard. I won't say don't apply, but that you have a 90% shot of rejection before they even get to your addendum. (I applied to Harvard with similar odds and cherish my rejection letter as proof that I tried.)

What I'll say is ride this cycle out, and if you get to about the end of the month and haven't heard back from any of the T14 schools, consider switching to ED at UVA. They've removed the normal ED deadline, so you can still ED there and you have a shot at getting in. You likely won't get much $$ being that much of a splitter, but you will get into a T14 that way.

Return to “What are my chances?”