Improving chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Toyo1

New

Improving chances

Post by Toyo1 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 pm

I am out of school right now with a 2.76 and a 159 LSAT. I need roughly 30 credits of As to bring my GPA to a 3.0, so would going back to college and taking courses to break the 3.0 threshold actually be worth it? Would that and a re-take put me in any better of position or would those 2/10 of a point be negligible?

doug_7506

New

Re: Improving chances

Post by doug_7506 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:42 pm

For most schools, .2 GPA points = 2 LSAT points. 30 hours of guaranteed A's seems like a reach unless you are taking really easy classes. Regardless, It will take almost a year to take those 30 hours.

IMHO, I would make a list of all the school you would like to go to and grab their indexes. From here I would see how far are you from their average indexes. See how much of a difference increases in your LSAT and GPA make. The ones you are close to apply this cycle. IF you do not get accepted at any place you are comfortable with, I think you will benefit more from scoring higher on the LSAT.

lemonpie

New

Post by lemonpie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 am

if you graduated already, taking more college courses won't change your LSDAS gpa.
the courses i took after getting my degree weren't included in my LSDAS gpa.
it shows under graduate transcript on LSAC.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 am

lemonpie wrote:if you graduated already, taking more college courses won't change your LSDAS gpa.
the courses i took after getting my degree weren't included in my LSDAS gpa.
it shows under graduate transcript on LSAC.
^ This. If you've already received a degree you won't be able to affect your LSDAS GPA. Sorry.

Retake and target splitter friendly schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”