Improving chances

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Toyo1

Improving chances

Postby Toyo1 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:30 pm

I am out of school right now with a 2.76 and a 159 LSAT. I need roughly 30 credits of As to bring my GPA to a 3.0, so would going back to college and taking courses to break the 3.0 threshold actually be worth it? Would that and a re-take put me in any better of position or would those 2/10 of a point be negligible?

doug_7506

Re: Improving chances

Postby doug_7506 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:42 pm

For most schools, .2 GPA points = 2 LSAT points. 30 hours of guaranteed A's seems like a reach unless you are taking really easy classes. Regardless, It will take almost a year to take those 30 hours.

IMHO, I would make a list of all the school you would like to go to and grab their indexes. From here I would see how far are you from their average indexes. See how much of a difference increases in your LSAT and GPA make. The ones you are close to apply this cycle. IF you do not get accepted at any place you are comfortable with, I think you will benefit more from scoring higher on the LSAT.

lemonpie

Postby lemonpie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:19 am

if you graduated already, taking more college courses won't change your LSDAS gpa.
the courses i took after getting my degree weren't included in my LSDAS gpa.
it shows under graduate transcript on LSAC.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 am

lemonpie wrote:if you graduated already, taking more college courses won't change your LSDAS gpa.
the courses i took after getting my degree weren't included in my LSDAS gpa.
it shows under graduate transcript on LSAC.

^ This. If you've already received a degree you won't be able to affect your LSDAS GPA. Sorry.

Retake and target splitter friendly schools.

Return to “What are my chances?”