I don't want to know the odds!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
rookhawk

I don't want to know the odds!

Postby rookhawk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:00 am

-
Last edited by rookhawk on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kobe_Teeth

Re: I don't want to know the odds!

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:04 am

rookhawk wrote:TLSers,

I put 50% culpability on your shoulders for my current pessimism and feelings of dread. (the remainder goes to me for being so OCD that I keep reading just to keep from going insane) :)

So here is my own self affirmation ala Stuart Smalley; your personal benefit may vary.

-Don't tell me its impossible, I've beaten all the odds before
-Ignore statistics. I'm an individual and my circumstances are unique.
-Other's law school success and failure shouldn't alter the thoughtfull considered strategy I've embarked upon
-I pray that the reviewers of my applications were cheerful and well rested when they opened my file.
-I will refrain from agonizing over completed applications that are out of my hands
-Just because they didn't admit someone with my scores last year doesn't mean they won't this year
-Surely there will be one quality school that will put great emphasis on the qualities I express in abundance
-I will ignore the desire to run towards a "safety" and keep my eyes on the prize
-This entire experience is going to teach me something valuable (no sarcastic replies to this one please)
-My feelings of doom are because of where I am at this sliver in time...I must remember from where I've come (should probably have used whence in that sentence but couldn't figure it out)
-I'm not too old for my dream of law school...I'm seasoned.
-I'm not going back to the career I hated at the expense of my dreams

There, I feel better already. Maybe someone else will too? To hell with someone else's appraisal of my odds!

-Rookhawk

You could always take the LSAT again...

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:06 am

From your post I can tell that you have less than 20% chance that you will get into whatever school you are going for. There.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:07 am

Ragged wrote:From your post I can tell that you have less than 20% chance that you will get into whatever school you are going for. There.

+1

rookhawk

Postby rookhawk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:13 am

-
Last edited by rookhawk on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:19 am

You are ignoring the fact they are independent events on a curve

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:20 am

rookhawk wrote:Thanks for the votes of confidence! If it were 20% odds I'd be dancing on the ceiling because that would mean 3 offers in T-14.

If I gave you any one piece of my background you'd probably say one in a million instead, but we'll all know the outcome in a short period of time.

Here's to all those that find themselves outside the normal distribution curve in their lives!

Dude this is TLS. This is a place of misery, shame and despair. All optimism is carefully contained to one thread here. Maybe you should take your high hopes there.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:20 am

"Who's comin' with (him)?"

rookhawk

Postby rookhawk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 am

Okay, your pessimism is finally getting me to laugh. (the Tom Cruise picture got me to smile)

Thanks for pointing me towards the optimist post. Nice to see that there is one other post that is upbeat amidst the sea of gloom on TLS.

I so badly want to scream "In your face!" when I get an acceptance letter but I'll withold my insane optimism until the note is in hand. I have a good feeling but we shall see. (and by good feelling, I mean that now after reading the optimist thread...not how I felt two hours ago)

Return to “What are my chances?”