3.8/170

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jamie38

3.8/170

Postby jamie38 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Just really started going through this forum and it seems like you guys really know your stuff, so I'd be really grateful for any opinions

I'm a non-URM and went to a not great but not bad UG, and my softs are just okay.

I got into UCLA about a week ago, so here are the others I'm curious about...

Columbia
NYU
Chicago
Berkeley
Penn
Michigan
Duke
UVA
Georgetown

thanks.

Ragged

Re: 3.8/170

Postby Ragged » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm

numbers twin :wink:

jamie38 wrote:Just really started going through this forum and it seems like you guys really know your stuff, so I'd be really grateful for any opinions

I'm a non-URM and went to a not great but not bad UG, and my softs are just okay.

I got into UCLA about a week ago, so here are the others I'm curious about...

Columbia out/wl
NYU out/wl
Chicago out/wl
Berkeley in
Penn in
Michigan in
Duke in
UVA in
Georgetown in

thanks.

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Have you applied yet? If not, I'd say Berkeley is a long shot, because they seem to fill 80-90% of their class by December (which makes no sense, but that's off-topic). Columbia might be a bit of a reach, but I'd say you have a decent chance at most of the others. I have similar numbers and applied to most of the schools on your list, so we'll have to keep an eye on each other.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:38 pm

democrattotheend wrote:Have you applied yet? If not, I'd say Berkeley is a long shot, because they seem to fill 80-90% of their class by December (which makes no sense, but that's off-topic). Columbia might be a bit of a reach, but I'd say you have a decent chance at most of the others. I have similar numbers and applied to most of the schools on your list, so we'll have to keep an eye on each other.

you don't have similar numbers... 170-173 LSAT is nowhere similar.

viking138

Postby viking138 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 pm

Those are my exact numbers and I've gotten into all the schools on the list except Berkeley, UVA, and Columbia (haven't heard back from them yet). However I should caveat that I did go to a Top 10 undergrad and I applied in September. If you're applying now you probably won't have as much luck unfortunately, but if you apply early next cycle I'd say you have a terrific shot! If you can, postponing could be a big help, especially for the T6. Good luck!!

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Ragged wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:Have you applied yet? If not, I'd say Berkeley is a long shot, because they seem to fill 80-90% of their class by December (which makes no sense, but that's off-topic). Columbia might be a bit of a reach, but I'd say you have a decent chance at most of the others. I have similar numbers and applied to most of the schools on your list, so we'll have to keep an eye on each other.

I guess a 173 probably stands a better chance at most of these schools, but when you really think about it, it's a difference of a few questions on the test. And honestly, 170 or lower is what I would have had except for the sweet -14 curve on the December test (although I did get more wrong than on most prep tests, so I guess it was a harder test).

booboo

Postby booboo » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
Ragged wrote:

I guess a 173 probably stands a better chance at most of these schools, but when you really think about it, it's a difference of a few questions on the test. And honestly, 170 or lower is what I would have had except for the sweet -14 curve on the December test (although I did get more wrong than on most prep tests, so I guess it was a harder test).

As much as I want to follow your mantra, the fact of the matter is at the top of the curve, each question wrong is significantly more important than each one right. :).

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:51 pm

booboo wrote:
democrattotheend wrote:
Ragged wrote:

As much as I want to follow your mantra, the fact of the matter is at the top of the curve, each question wrong is significantly more important than each one right. :).

I guess in terms of the admissions process, you're right. But I doubt I am any smarter or more capable of success in law school because I got three points higher on the LSAT, even though overall, I do think it's a good test in terms of testing the skills you would use in law school. It's just crazy how a few questions can effect the rest of your life.

I didn't finish 3 logic problems, and I guessed D because I read somewhere that the most common answer was D. 2 out of the 3 were B, (the other was E, I think), and I am always going to wonder if my life would have turned out differently if I had guessed B instead of D and gotten a 175.

zapper

Postby zapper » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Same exact numbers. I'm hoping we all get into all of those schools. :wink:

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:29 pm

In everywhere except CC

jamie38

Postby jamie38 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:58 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Just to clarify I applied to all these schools right after Thanksgiving. Is it a bad sign that I haven't heard back yet?

Return to “What are my chances?”