3.0/164ish - Pepperdine?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Libertarian4Life

3.0/164ish - Pepperdine?

Postby Libertarian4Life » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:56 pm

To make this simple:
School: Public California School
Major/Minor: Political Science/History
GPA: 2.9-3.0 (Depends on my grades the next two quarters)
LSAT: I haven't taken a proctored LSAT yet. However, I do seemingly well on the practice LSAT questions I do from past LSAT tests.
Soft Factors: ASB Treasurer, ASB Senator, Political Science Club Chairman, Republican Club Executive, Graduated from the Honors program from my Community College, and I will be getting business experience helping my Grandfather run his company for a year while I am off before I start law school.

I'm taking the LSAT later this year and applying to law school later this year as well. What LSAT score should I be aiming for to get into Pepperdine? What else would boast my chances? Also, what other law schools should I look at with my credentials (considering I get a decent LSAT score). Additionally, I would prefer to stay in California considering my girlfriend lives here. Pepperdine is my ultimate desire considering they have the nations best dispute resolutions program, a very good entertainment law program (both of which are my top legal carrier options), and my girlfriend is going to attend Pepperdine. No lectures on girlfriends and picking schools. I know the drill. Pepperdine is my top pick either way.

Jockin Jay-Z

Re: 3.0/164ish - Pepperdine?

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:47 pm

162 is their 75th percentile, if I recall correctly. Your GPA is pretty low for Pepperdine, but a 165 would put you in the consideration for very serious scholarship money, I would think.

Also, nothing wrong with going to a school because your girlfriend is going there, if you are serious about her.

Libertarian4Life

Postby Libertarian4Life » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:17 pm

So 165 would put me in a good standing for admittance.

Oh yeah, I'm serious about her.

acrossthepond

Postby acrossthepond » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Their median is 162, 75% being 163. I would aim for 165, heck aim higher, it will get you more money! But a 165 should secure you a spot.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:06 am

I would say yes and I agree with the previous person...don't be afraid to aim a bit higher...you have numbers that are right in the middle...apply everywhere.

Return to “What are my chances?”