3.8/171 T14? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
gscfire33

New

3.8/171 T14?

Post by gscfire33 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:20 pm

Hey guys, I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks after taking the December LSAT for the first time, and it seems like everyone here knows their stuff. I'm graduating in 3 years with a BA in Mathematics and History from a top-5 public school, but have literally 0 "softs"/extracurriculars I have gotten the sense that law schools are pretty big on numbers, so I guess my question is what are my chances at the top14, HYS not included, I know I don't have a shot at those, with no real distinguishing softs and average numbers (3.8/171). In addition, I was wondering if it would be better to take the LSAT again in the summer ( I didn't really prep too much for my first one) and apply ED to better my chances? Thanks in advance.

starstruck393

Silver

Re: 3.8/171 T14?

Post by starstruck393 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:25 pm

gscfire33 wrote:Hey guys, I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks after taking the December LSAT for the first time, and it seems like everyone here knows their stuff. I'm graduating in 3 years with a BA in Mathematics and History from a top-5 public school, but have literally 0 "softs"/extracurriculars I have gotten the sense that law schools are pretty big on numbers, so I guess my question is what are my chances at the top14, HYS not included, I know I don't have a shot at those, with no real distinguishing softs and average numbers (3.8/171). In addition, I was wondering if it would be better to take the LSAT again in the summer ( I didn't really prep too much for my first one) and apply ED to better my chances? Thanks in advance.
You're not definitely out at H and S, just a long shot, but it'd still be worth it to throw them an application. You might have a hard time with Columbia, too, but I'd think a good shot at most of the schools from 5-14. Only retake the LSAT if you really think you can do a few points better...

pu_golf88

Bronze

Post by pu_golf88 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:37 pm

gscfire33 wrote:Hey guys, I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks after taking the December LSAT for the first time, and it seems like everyone here knows their stuff. I'm graduating in 3 years with a BA in Mathematics and History from a top-5 public school, but have literally 0 "softs"/extracurriculars I have gotten the sense that law schools are pretty big on numbers, so I guess my question is what are my chances at the top14, HYS not included, I know I don't have a shot at those, with no real distinguishing softs and average numbers (3.8/171). In addition, I was wondering if it would be better to take the LSAT again in the summer ( I didn't really prep too much for my first one) and apply ED to better my chances? Thanks in advance.
So you're currently a freshman in undergrad? Hopefully you're GPA stays at a 3.8, but at this point it's a lot of conjecture after just one semester's worth of grades.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:40 pm

if those stats stick...u absolutely positively will not be shit out of the t14 ESPECIALLY if you apply early in the cycle...

/thread

gscfire33

New

Post by gscfire33 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:44 pm

Ahh, I guess my wording was a bit ambiguous, I'm graduating in May 2010, having only been in college for 3 years. Would this early graduation be a hindrance or help my chances?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rapstar

Bronze

Post by rapstar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:53 pm

I think graduating in 3 years neither helps nor hurts. You need to apply ASAP if you haven't already. You should get into some of the lower T14. I would be schocked if you didn't get into at least Duke and Georgetown.

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:57 pm

rapstar wrote:I think graduating in 3 years neither helps nor hurts. You need to apply ASAP if you haven't already. You should get into some of the lower T14. I would be schocked if you didn't get into at least Duke and Georgetown.
I would think OP also will get Cornell and Michigan and maybe one or two from Virginia, Penn and NYU. Maybe one of CC, too?

The nice GPA will help.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:06 pm

im a 171 and 3.8...for what its worth im in at NYU, GULC, Duke, and UCLA so far

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”