Chances at IU-Bloomington and Iowa

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Kobe_Teeth

Chances at IU-Bloomington and Iowa

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:31 am

I know I've been posting here a lot; I just have odd numbers that I think are hard to judge.

2.78 and 165...what are my chances at Indiana-Bloomington and U of Iowa?

I've looked at LSN and LSP and just don't see anything definitive. I'm not a URM but I have 3 yr WE teaching high school at a rather tough high school (which I discuss in PS).

supersixtwo

Re: Chances at IU-Bloomington and Iowa

Postby supersixtwo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:11 am

In at IU-B. The dean of admissions told me if you are at or above the LSAT or GPA medians you will not have a problem getting in. You are above the LSAT median.

runningwithscissors

Postby runningwithscissors » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:27 am

supersixtwo wrote:In at IU-B. The dean of admissions told me if you are at or above the LSAT or GPA medians you will not have a problem getting in. You are above the LSAT median.

I can't speak to whether the dean actually told you this, but are you sure this is correct? LSN from last year seems to suggest differently.

Postby 09042014 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:36 am

runningwithscissors wrote:
supersixtwo wrote:In at IU-B. The dean of admissions told me if you are at or above the LSAT or GPA medians you will not have a problem getting in. You are above the LSAT median.

I can't speak to whether the dean actually told you this, but are you sure this is correct? LSN from last year seems to suggest differently.

Look at IUB's LSN. 164+ and you are in. There were three who weren't. One had legal problems, one applied past the application deadline, and one had a really terrible time even at T2s and T3's which means they probably had a really bad application, or skeletons in the closet.

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:38 am

runningwithscissors wrote:

The dean told me the same thing when I asked a pointed quesiton about this. 164+, if you have a pulse and no serious other detractors, you're in.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:41 am

Very doubtful that just being above the GPA median will get you in anywhere. If you have a 4.0 GPA and a 135 LSAT, you're not going to get in anywhere, despite being above everybody's 75th percentile for GPA.

runningwithscissors

Postby runningwithscissors » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:42 am

I don't disagree with the LSAT statements, but the OP's comment suggests that someone who has a GPA above the median with a terrible LSAT will also have no problem getting accepted. There were several people on LSN last year with high enough GPA's and weak LSAT's that got rejected. So I was just inquiring whether the Dean's statement was actually intended to only apply to LSAT or whether it applies to GPA as well.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:48 am

Awesome.

But what about Iowa? Anyone know anything?

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:01 am

Indiana - in
Iowa - WL/in

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:38 pm

runningwithscissors wrote:I don't disagree with the LSAT statements, but the OP's comment suggests that someone who has a GPA above the median with a terrible LSAT will also have no problem getting accepted. There were several people on LSN last year with high enough GPA's and weak LSAT's that got rejected. So I was just inquiring whether the Dean's statement was actually intended to only apply to LSAT or whether it applies to GPA as well.

it was related to LSAT only, not GPA.

bleedcubbieblue

Postby bleedcubbieblue » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Last edited by bleedcubbieblue on Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:52 pm

Halibut6 wrote:

Very doubtful that just being above the GPA median will get you in anywhere. If you have a 4.0 GPA and a 135 LSAT, you're not going to get in anywhere, despite being above everybody's 75th percentile for GPA.

Not even UVA ED? j/k

Return to “What are my chances?”